**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

So "200 MB" means 100 MB?

dtronvigdtronvig Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
So, if on the "free" plan were're charged for anything over 100 MB usage, how does the "200 MB" figure mean anything. As I understand it, there is absolutely no way to make use of that imaginary second 100 MB. So even if the fine print clarifies that your usage allowance is actually the nominal allowance offered minus 100 MB, why even mention the meaningless "200 MB" figure? And is there somewhere in the sign-up process --
other than in the long, opaque Terms of Service -- where it clarifies that actually in no way are you actually getting 200 MB; you get 100 MB each billing cycle and thereafter we start charging you.

Seriously, where's the most prominent place in the sign-up process that clarifies that the "200 MB" figure is essentially meaning less?

Comments

• Daniel DolanDaniel Dolan Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    I'm still a relative newbie, but I cracked the 100MB threshold on the "free" plan, and got charged $15 to assure that there was no loss of service if I went over the 200Mb limit. I've since unchecked my Automatic Top-Up option to see if I can prevent this in the future, but I'm not 100% sure it's a charge policy related to Top-Ups.

I haven't reached the end of my first month on the LTE SIM plan, yet, but I'll be curious to see if a) next month, if I cross the 100MB threshold again, I'll be "helped out" with another $15 charge, and b) how long the $15 remains on my account (it says "credits will remain active for 90 days").

Actually, does anyone know if I can use that $15 credit for anything besides data or minutes or plan upgrades? Thinking about ordering a hotspot device...

Thanks!
  • leiwang2012leiwang2012 Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    You'd better add friends' email list to get 500Mb data monthly to avoid the $15 charge.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 271FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    The $15 will cover overages at a rate of (I think) 2.5 cents per MB. So, as I understand it, now that you have $15 credit, you should be able to use the full 200 without additional. I believe if balance goes below $2, you will get a new $15 overage credit charged. You also need to periodically reauthorize the credit or it will expire.

Read and learn: https://support.freedompop.com/app/category/c/547

But, as leiwang said, get 10 "friends" and you'll have 700 mb free. If you don't know how to find friends, ask the internet B) .
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 271FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Daniel Dolan - since your profile shows your email address, invites sent to get you started on the extra MBs.