**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SMS 2 Factor Authentication for Gmail Apple etc

vizionvizion FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Does 2 factor authentication work for GSM LTE ? Like if Apple or Google needs to verify my account, they will text me an Auth key.

Thanks.

Comments

• ramdxenramdxen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Hey, vizion, I want to immediately say that there's one way to find out for sure. I highly doubt anyone would require a service work for a 2-step system that hasn't first verified itself in the first place. Translation: if you can verify the phone number via a text, there is absolutely no reason you wouldn't get the text they send needed to log into your account. If it's just SMS, and you can do SMS via FP or a 3rd party app, it sounds pretty safe, just as long as your number is never deactivated due to going over your limit or something. If that is even a possibility, I would strongly recommend using a number available from an app that can be installed on different devices and tie into the same phone number, such as a google voice number through hangouts. Getting cut off from your email would be a heavy risk to gamble with, so it would be imperative that your associated number remain active, and your ability to receive texts from it is constant. Just because it is related, google does know your FP number is a VOIP number, and therefore will not allow you to create a google voice number through it, so if you need to get a number in the first place, I'd suggest using a phone tied to a traditional non-voip carrier.