**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Hangouts Dialer SMS

Mark StrobelMark Strobel FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 67
Earlier today, I received a notice from Google that Hangouts Dialer no longer accepts SMS. When I downloaded the Android Message app as directed and made Hangouts the default SMS, all of the messaging settings grayed out.

Can I use the Google Voice app for SMS? The phone still works in Hangouts Dialer. Would I be able to use the Google Voice app for the phone as well? If so, how do I set up Google Voice app? I just installed it but I am a bit confused as to the settings.

If Android Message app and Google Voice app won't accept SMS from Google Voice, are there any other apps I would be able to use with my Moto E Freedompop phone?

Thanks.

Comments

• kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 631 ✭✭✭
    U should be able to use Google voice for sms. You will have to "disconnect Hangouts" in the settings in Google voice. Do not remove the Hangouts dialer. GV hasn't integrated a dialer yet but it is coming though.