**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Missing Rollover Data

Tracey NephewTracey Nephew FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Hi -

I have from what I can see 1.1GB of Rollover Data missing this month. I've had it the rollover add-on for about 4 months now. In May I received 1.1GB of Rollover Data and my total May Data Usage was only around 400 MB (all usage even shows as "Provisional Used") so by my understanding, 1.6GB should have been in this month's Rollover (1.1GB from the previous 3 months and 500MB from last month) but instead there is only 500MB under Rollover.

Thoughts/suggestion on getting this corrected?

I've already opened a ticket but waiting to hear back..

Thanks!

Comments

• Anita HannanAnita Hannan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    They changed their terms and service sometime in May. Their rollover service now says that you can only roll over data from your plan base allotment, not any data that you pay to add on, or is given to you by freedom friends, or offers. Also to make it worse they added a clause that says now that all your data comes from your BASE AMOUNT first, then the data from your freedom friends, offers, pay top ups, etc...
    So to put it bluntly, they totally **** you over and anyone else that is paying for rollover.
    So why pay for it? You are going to use that 200MB up every 30 day period no matter what and now there is no reason to pay for rollover. So basically FP just **** you out of your money for a feature that does not even do anything.
    Correct me if I am wrong, or if FP changes their mind about it.
    Extra money is extra money but their recent change is extremely hostile toward light users.
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    IIRC, rollover has always come from the unused base plan data only, but that section about the data usage coming from the base plan portion first seems a significant alteration - makes it harder to build any sort of reserve on the free/lower data plans, especially so for the SIM plans with their smaller data allowances.

Looks like the folks on the other side of the pond, haven't (yet) had this change:
    https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2829/~/what-is-data-rollover?

That said, something else seems to behind the @Tracey Nephew 's issue, as at least a portion of the existing 1.1Gb rollover should have carried over, unless the data usage was actually enough to clean out the month's base plan amount, any additional friends/earned data and 600Mb of the carried over rollover (ie more than ~400Mb).
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Where are the new terms posted fo roll over?
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, I just found this information under the support section.
  • dling1234dling1234 Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I think Roll Over plan is a ****. Do you know if you cancel this plan after paying $3.99 per month all unused data in the plan will disappear? Also, I know I am cheap and that’s why I signed up the free 500MB data plan and I am fully aware that if I use more data than allocated my service would be stopped. Freedompop tried to be nice and came up with a Top Up plan which would add data, with fees, to ensure that the services would not be interuppted and I have a chance to select or decline this fixture. Now I’ve just found that if I chose not to sign up the Top Off plan I would have to agree to sign up a Safety Mode which costs $6.99/mo. What a rip off. I am now willingly canceling the Roll Over plan wich I have signed up for about 4 months, paid almost $16 and lose 4G of data in order to stop future losses.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    dling1234 said:

I think Roll Over plan is a ****. Do you know if you cancel this plan after paying $3.99 per month all unused data in the plan will disappear? Also, I know I am cheap and that’s why I signed up the free 500MB data plan and I am fully aware that if I use more data than allocated my service would be stopped. Freedompop tried to be nice and came up with a Top Up plan which would add data, with fees, to ensure that the services would not be interuppted and I have a chance to select or decline this fixture. Now I’ve just found that if I chose not to sign up the Top Off plan I would have to agree to sign up a Safety Mode which costs $6.99/mo. What a rip off. I am now willingly canceling the Roll Over plan wich I have signed up for about 4 months, paid almost $16 and lose 4G of data in order to stop future losses.

Hello dling1234! Thank you for reaching out FreedomPop. Please be aware that if the Roll Over service is removed, any unused accumulated data will be lost when the billing cycle ends.

You may read more information about Data Roll Over here: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2128/kw/roll over

You must have the FreedomPop Safety Mode service to disable Top Ups. With this service, you will get a one time addition of 500MBs of data -- added immediately to your account -- plus an additional 10% of data each month. You can also enable or disable Top Ups at any time. Click here to learn more about the Safety Mode service.

This discussion has been closed.