**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Change SIM card

Xun Luo Xun Luo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
Hi,

I Just bought a new phone, which requires a nano sim card. Right now, I am using a micro-sim card with my old phone and a free plan. How can I get a nano-sim card for my new phone and continue my plan on my new phone?

Thank you!

Comments

• limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 673 ✭✭✭
    @Xun Luo - assuming that this is an FP supplied GSM SIM, these typically come in the standard SIM size, but partially pre-cut for both micro & nano SIM sizes - you should be able to take your current micro SIM & carefully push out the nano SIM sized section from the micro SIM sized piece.

If you ever need to use the nano SIM in the old phone again, you'll need to obtain an adaptor to convert the nano back to micro size.
  • Xun Luo Xun Luo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    @limey - Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it's a Sprint micro SIM card. The metallic portion is already bigger than nano size. My plan is a free FP plan and I really like it. I hope to find a way to link a new nano sim for my account.
  • Xun Luo Xun Luo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    @limey - thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it's a Sprint micro SIM. The metallic portion itself is already bigger than the nano size. I have a free FP plan I really like it. I hope to find a way update my SIM information (I have a Sprint nano sim).
  • ramdxenramdxen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    @Xun Luo if what you're hoping to do is put a micro card from sprint into a smaller nano card slot, and the metallic bit is already bigger than the slot, then that would be something Sprint should be willing to help you with by transferring information from the card you have to a nano card. You mention a Sprint micro and a free account so I'm a little confused here.

If that Sprint micro card was sent to you by FreedomPop (then they did things differently back when you got it, which is is possible, but before my time on FP), and what you want to do is transfer info attached from one FP account to another FP account, I think the easiest way to do that is to order a new card (can be as cheap ass 99 cents), which will come as limey explained, so it'll fit, and then request FP change the number associated with the micro sim card to the new one. After the switch, you could then cancel your other account (use a different email address to make this simple) if you wish.

I hope I understood your problem in one of my two scenarios and that some of this info helps. Good luck.
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

@limey - thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it's a Sprint micro SIM. The metallic portion itself is already bigger than the nano size. I have a free FP plan I really like it. I hope to find a way update my SIM information (I have a Sprint nano sim).

Ah, so this is a BYOD phone and the SIM is one with the original, larger contact pins layout?

You may find more info on BYOD SIM selection on these threads:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/12814/byod-what-sim-card-do-i-need-for-my-byod-handset/p1
    https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/3737/guide-to-obtaining-a-sim

Going by the latter thread, I think you'll need to contact a forum admin once you have the new nano SIM, in order to get it activated for your existing account. It might be worth giving @Ali a PM, as he seems to have experience with BYOD SIMs.