**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Help us to help you by including this info

ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
The best way to ensure getting help is by letting others know exactly what your problem is, and, importantly, how you are using Freedompop. Freedompop offers devices that work natively on CDMA networks (via Sprint towers), as well as sim cards that definitely rely on an app, and may be using GSM on T-mobile and/or ATT towers. The way to troubleshoot some of these issues are entirely different, depending upon if you are using a Freedompop/Sprint device or a sim card. Knowing the operating system, Android or iOS, also helps when offering instructions. Including the info below is the best way to get help the quickest.

Please, let us know whether you have a Freedompop/Sprint device or use a GSM sim card. If using a sim card, knowing whether it is a LTE card (4g on ATT's towers) or 3g card (3g global, can work on the T-Mobile or ATT network in the US, and others abroad) helps in certain cases. Knowing the operating system, Android or iOS, helps when trying to offer instructions on possible troubleshooting advice. In some cases, knowing the exact device make and model also helps with some device-specific issues.

Mentioning every step done, like with getting setup for the first time, is also recommended. Some people feel insulted when asked to do things they feel are obvious, but others may have overlooked this very thing, which could actually be the problem. Setting the APN, allowing data and roaming (no charges with Freedompop), are examples of easily overloooked steps that can completely prevent connecting to any data signal.

Ideally, we hope everyone has a perfect experience right out of the box, but sometimes there are problems that require assistance. If this happens to you, please help us to help you by letting us know how you are set up so we don't have to waste your time waiting for answers with simply asking you more questions. You want solutions, not questions, but we have to understand the problem before we can attempt to solve it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Comments

• Catherine SuCatherine Su Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    My Sprint /Freedompop phone that I've had for several years stopped working 2 days ago. It works great connected to Wi-Fi, but can't use data. I have done restart. I have data turned on (although it had turned off by itself). I also have plenty of data (3GB). I've tried restart and shut down /restart without any changes in status. This happened before when I had used 200 MB and phone thought it was near limit. That time I called support and they did a reset. I think I need them to reset. Now they are charging $3.99 for phone support??? I have Premium service and so that should be included.
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Catherine Su You picked an odd topic for your problem. It's easiest to spot new problems when they are within new posts. I don't know what kind of signal strength you have or much of anything about your setup (that is asked about in the original post of this thread). If a reset is what you need, that would either need the attention of an admin here or another agent. I have nothing to do with phone support, and I'm not thrilled about how it is schemed now, but I do understand why. Other options are messaging the freedompop pages at facebook, twitter, or instagram, which, like here, is free.
  • dreamsterdreamster Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I gave a samsung III phone. I would need a SIM card plz
  • dreamsterdreamster Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Plz provide me with a sim
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Sims are purchased.
  • Dee SchleyDee Schley Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered a lte SIM card to be used for my iPhone, but when I got it in the mail it didn't come activated like it was supposed to. Since then I've been struggling to set up the account. My email is used is [email protected]
    The account doesn't show any plans or anything else, it only shows my name.

•  Don Yee Don Yee Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    My Galaxy S2 from FP died, would like to either put on another CDMA device, (Moto X), or else switch to a GSM SIM for the account. What do I need to do for this?

Oh similar problem with a iPad air (Sprint/CDMA) that I had on BYOD that died, for which I got a replacement from the apple store. I tried to add the new device on BYOD but it failed. I did a lookup on one of the online ESN checkers, and it claimed a FED restriction. I contacted Sprint to see if it was them who locked out the activation, and they said unless I'm activating with them directly I have to go through whatever carrier to clear it.

Again, iPad Air is also GSM SIM capable so I could live with using it that way, but it would still be better to get this FED restriction cleared up. I would have thought that Apple would/could clear it when they refurbish it since it came straight from their store.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,141 admin
    Hello Don,

As a VoIP company, we do offer the option to have either a GSM or a CDMA device and there are several things that can be done to assist you with this.

First, you can take a closer look at our main website where you'll find a complete list of our devices and their prices: https://shop.freedompop.com/products.

You can also visit one of our online retailer where you'll get our current deals and promotions: https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=freedompop&pp=20&sort=last_activity&previousdays=-1&forumid[]=71&forumid[]=9&forumid[]=30&forumid[]=25.

Once you have a new device, we will gladly help you with moving or replacing the device that no longer works with the new one or we can transfer some information from one account to another.

Let us know if you have any questions at all and we'll gladly help.
  • L2keDw3ll3rL2keDw3ll3r Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm unable to check on my RMA status; all links return a reject email.

Maybe I'm burned out from hours of tryinh - but I can't see how to enter a new issue here either.

However you can submit a ticket, and speak with a FreedomPop representative by email for free. . https://support.freedompop.com/app/ask

The link under email sends me to a ticket, which I can't do, whihc is why I was trying to use the free email option.

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,141 admin

I'm unable to check on my RMA status; all links return a reject email.

Maybe I'm burned out from hours of tryinh - but I can't see how to enter a new issue here either.

However you can submit a ticket, and speak with a FreedomPop representative by email for free. . https://support.freedompop.com/app/ask

The link under email sends me to a ticket, which I can't do, whihc is why I was trying to use the free email option.

Our team can assist you as well as the emails team and we can even create a private message in case you have sensitive information you want to share with us.

Please send this new device's email address and we'll follow up on its shipping status.
This discussion has been closed.