BYOD Iphone 6s+ "Service Update Failed"

Peng Qiao1Peng Qiao1 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I have an IPhone 6s+ and put in a sprint SIM. Freedompop BYOD activation process went smoothly. The credit card got charged. Account setup ([email protected]) went smoothly. However, I got two issues:

1) No cellular data connection. Every time I dial ##update#, the phone gives me "Service Update Failed" message. The signal strength is 4-5 dots.

2) Under Wi-Fi, while I can make calls, I cannot receive calls. The incoming calls are always forwarded to voice mail and the phone never rings.

Please help!

Thanks!

Comments

• Peng Qiao1Peng Qiao1 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Need help on this.
    Frustrated that the problem hasn't been solved. The customer support is very nice but not that helpful.

I think it is an apn setting issue.

Following CSR's instructions, the generated APN settings seem to be for GSM carriers (fp.com.attz). However, BYOD should be on Sprint network which is CDMA. the APN should be "freedompop.foggmobile.com".

My sim card is Sprint.

Anybody here can help?

Thanks!
    I am frustrated. The FreedomPop CSR is nice enough but not much help.

Following CSR's instructions, the created APN settings seem to be for GSM carriers (fp.com.attz). However, BYOD should be on Sprint network which is CDMA. the APN should be "freedompop.foggmobile.com". My sim card is Sprint. SIMGLW436C.

I need to know how to create a Sprint APN for freedomPop on my iPhone. There seems no manual setting options on the phone.

Is there any technical staff here who can help me? I really need help!
  • Bobby DentBobby Dent Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Can any one tell me if theres a fix orr
  • Angry MeAngry Me Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Got a similar problem, cannot even update APN, no data connection so far, phone was activated smoothly and works fine with WiFi. Wondering whether I need a new SIM card or the SIM card currently in the phone, from FreedomPop, has some issues?

Anyone can help?
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    If you have a cdma phone you must have a Sprint sim and apn aren't used.