Moto E not detecting Sim Card

darla mcalpinedarla mcalpine Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Ordered the recent Moto E deal direct from freedompop. It arrived today and it won't detect the sim card. Tried about freedompop sim - same thing. Tried the sim from the moto E in another freedompop device - won't connect.

I've tried everything in the help guides, and at my wits end. The APN is all greyed out so I can't try that. Any ideas? I have 2 weeks to get data working on this phone before my daughter's summer vacation.

Answers

• ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @darla mcalpine if the sim card is damaged then there isn't really any other option than replacing it. If you tried the sim card in twoo different devices (and one works with another sim card) and it connects on neither then it would simply seem it's defective. If your other freedompop device has a sim, one last experiment to double check would be to try the other sim card in your moto E. At least if it does connect you could be certain that it is the sim card that is defective, not the actual moto e. If you're a paying customer, sumbmitting a ticket a.s.a.p. or calling FP would probably be the quickest path to a solution. If not, and an admin here doesn't get involved, other free routes for getting assistance are through Freedompop's facebook and Twitter pages (and I've also read via Instagram). I wish I had better news, but if you can make absolutely sure it is a damaged sim card by trying another device's sim in your Moto E, and if it then connects, it almost has to be a damaged card. If you do try the other sim card, be sure to sync data to make sure the sim related information is refreshed on your devices. I wish I had better news.