1080p Android tablets + FreedomPop plan

freetabletplanfreetabletplan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hello FreedomPop

I would like to buy a tablet that is capable of using FreedomPop’s Basic500 (free) plan (200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 MB of data per month).

Must haves:
Runs on Android
1080p or higher resolution

Nice to haves:
Screen size under 9 inches
Great battery life

Please let me know if I’m looking for a unicorn. Also is there a thread with a list of supported tablets?

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I can ttell you that if you're browsing for tablets (or phablets, phone-tablet hybrds), one that is offered by Fredompop would allow your plan on it through Sprint's CDMA network, or any network unlocked tablet,, phone, device running Android 4.X or greater that has a sim card slot would accept the GSM sim card (LTE or 3g) and run on ATT or T-Mobile/ATT respectively. Happy hunting. Unicorns do exist! ;)
  • freetabletplanfreetabletplan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I did look at the tablets sold by FreedomPop, but unfortunately none of their Android ones are 1080p+.

I've been researching tablets and it seems that most if not all the tablets sold by FreedomPop support LTE, followed by HSPA, and finally CDMA.
    Are LTE, HSPA, and CDMA interchangeable when trying to use FreedomPop's network?
    My guess is that at least any tablet that supports LTE will work on FreedomPop's network.

Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 uses LTE Band 4, 13, 2, 5, 3, 7 UMTS Quad 1, 2, 5, 8Cat 6 (B13+B4/B2, B4+B2)
    Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Tab A uses 3G and Sprint 4G LTE

Would these two tablets work on FreedomPop's network?