Waiting is the Hardest Part

Scott EddyScott Eddy Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
I submitted my request to port 2 numbers into Freedompop. Now I'm waiting. The only info my account shows is in-progress. Is there any way to get more info or speed things along? Do I need to contact my current carrier to release the lines?

Comments

• ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Scott Eddy I'm unsure how long you've been waiting. Documentation suggests wireless phone numbers generally (not always) can port in a day or two, and landlines or VOIP numbers take around a week. I see no mention of contacting your carrier, and, as I understand it, Freedompop would be the ones doing that. It definitely wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask if the porting is in progress on their end, though. It then may take a while longer (up to 3 days) for texting to work.

Also note, after porting has been completed it is suggested to log out and back in, sync data may be the same thing, to get the info displayed in your device or app.

source: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2055/~/how-to-port-your-number-in-to-freedompop

If your waiting has exceeded these time periods, an admin here would be able to help, but if a paying customer I would definitely suggest submitting a ticket asking about the progress of your port. Free members can also message Freedompop at facebook, twitter, and instagram, just be sure to include all needed info so you don't need to spend more time waiting for a reply that only asks for more info, which would then leave you waiting again. ;)