**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

2 Sim Cards with the Same Phone Number

mbenatimbenati FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
I have been using a FreedomPop Global 3G Sim Card with my Android phone for almost a year now, and I love the service! I recently decided to upgrade to a FreedomPop LTE sim. I was wondering if it would be possible to have both sim cards use the same number (so I can use the LTE sim for faster speeds, but still have the 3G trip for when I travel overseas). If not is it possible to move my phone number from my current sim to the new one?

Thanks!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mbenati said:

I have been using a FreedomPop Global 3G Sim Card with my Android phone for almost a year now, and I love the service! I recently decided to upgrade to a FreedomPop LTE sim. I was wondering if it would be possible to have both sim cards use the same number (so I can use the LTE sim for faster speeds, but still have the 3G trip for when I travel overseas). If not is it possible to move my phone number from my current sim to the new one?

Thanks!

Yes, Just simply use the log out of the app on the phone you want to use and use the phone number and account password to log in. If you are using the same phone for both sims. Just remain logged into the number you want to keep.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• mbenatimbenati FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    Awesome! Thank you so much, sir!
    Both phone numbers are on the same account. When I log into my account on the My FreedomPop App with the new sim installed the new device comes up and I can view both devices (sim cards) and both associated phone numbers, but in the FreedomPop Messaging App I cannot change back to the old phone number.
  • ramdxenramdxen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    May "sync account data" in your FP app help?
    Pressing "sync account data" did not help fix the problem. I just want to be able to use my old phone number (which is associated with my old sim card) with my new sim card.
    mbenati said:

Pressing "sync account data" did not help fix the problem. I just want to be able to use my old phone number (which is associated with my old sim card) with my new sim card.

I take it you're using GSM sim cards, cool. They can be switched fairly easily, but require FP's support. An admin here can switch it, or you can send a message to the freedompop pages at facebook, twitter, or instagram. I had mine switched via FB. Name, email address (or addresses if they are on two different accounts) and which number you'd like where should be all they would need to sort you out. After they reply, sync account data should show the switched numbers where you want them.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ramdxen,

Before send you an email and changing on the account side. Here is a post I share when I help with Support ticket-

If you have an ("IPhone")-

1)- Open the ("FreedomPop Free Talk and Text") app and find the (Gear icon) located at the top of the app screen, left hand side. ("Tap the Icon")

2)- Scroll down and click ("Log Out") and than tap ("Log In").

3)- Make sure to use the ("Phone Number") wanted and the ("Account Password"), instead of the ("Email") and ("Account Password").

If you have an ("Android")-

1)- Open settings and Find ("Apps Management")

2)- Find the ("FreedomPop Messaging") App, (will say messaging with the blue icon, conversation bubble)

3)- Open or Tap and Than ("Force Stop"), Than ("Clear Cache"), Next ("Clear Data")-while you there, click ("Uninstall")(this will also delete any saved text)

4)- ("Restart Phone"), Open the ("Play Store") and re-download.

5)- Make sure to use the ("Phone Number") wanted and the ("Account Password"), instead of the ("Email") and ("Account Password").

This should separate the numbers on each phone when using the phone number to login.

If you have any questions or issues, let me know.

Hope this helps,
    Joe F

“njfulwider5 on the FreedomPop Forum, SlickDeals and Twitter”

PS- if the above suggestion does not work, we can swap phone numbers on the account for you.

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 I do believe you just taught me a trick that will come in very handy, many thanks! I may have to play around with this a bit to make sure I completely follow the concept. And, getting sleep would probably be a good idea, lol.

@mbenati .. what nj said. ;) Whatever areas I'm still "iffy" in can be easily addressed by the author of my growing collection of bookmarks, seriously. :)
    Thank you both for your help! @njfulwider5 's instructions worked. However, when I click "sync account data" the phone number switches back to the unwanted number. Is that to be expected or did I do something wrong?
    This is new to me? I may have to do some testing myself. These guys are always bettering the app, it is possible they made some changes?