**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Roll over beef

Allen Kurt Allen Kurt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 68
I have a beef with roll over. Have a GSM Data only SIM with the Premiere option ongoing. FP advertises in the
Premiere option that unused data rolls over up to 20 Gb. Well, I only used ~ .5Gb on a 2Gb plan and only half a
Gig rolls over PERIOD. Should have had 1.5Gig roll over. THAT is misrepresentation in their advertising and they should get their Lawyer friends to fix it. In no way is it easily found under the enticement for premium services is the .5Gig
limit listed. I had to do a search to find it. Making me rethink whether $30.00 a month is that much of deal. Means the top amount of data one can get from not using or conserving it is 6 Gigs a year. Answers? Comments? Just look
at the ad for the premium service and tell me what you see. I didn't see teeny tiny letters in the corner with
asterixes***** Kurt

Comments

• OnaquestOnaquest FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 27
    thank you for taking the time to write this complaint. That is good information for anyone considering purchasing the premium service to take advantage of roll over. Not to be a negative Nelly it's been my experience when you can't get a fairly quick response from FP in the forums then more likely they don't have anything good to say.. I like FP but it's far from perfect!
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    I saw Rollover Beef & immediately thought of this...

:p

Gentle humour aside, it's always worth searching the forums & support.freedompop.com to research just how things on FP actually/currently work in the real world, especially before signing up for things. On a down note, recent changes have resulted in data use coming first from your plan's base data allocation, rather than from friends/earned data - further limiting your ability to build up a decent rollover buffer.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2128/~/how-to-use-data-roll-over

Since the essential core of FP remains some kind of free (or cheap) service, I tend to cut them significant amounts of slack, but I think that the business will inevitably drift more towards monetizing services in order to survive.

I do wish that they'd prominently announce these kind of changes (and thus reduce periodic flooding of the forums with confused/upset users *eyes recent changes resulting in 303 dormant account issues*).
  • Allen Kurt Allen Kurt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 68
    limey said:

I saw Rollover Beef & immediately thought of this...

:p

Gentle humour aside, it's always worth searching the forums & support.freedompop.com to research just how things on FP actually/currently work in the real world, especially before signing up for things. On a down note, recent changes have resulted in data use coming first from your plan's base data allocation, rather than from friends/earned data - further limiting your ability to build up a decent rollover buffer.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2128/~/how-to-use-data-roll-over

Since the essential core of FP remains some kind of free (or cheap) service, I tend to cut them significant amounts of slack, but I think that the business will inevitably drift more towards monetizing services in order to survive.

I do wish that they'd prominently announce these kind of changes (and thus reduce periodic flooding of the forums with confused/upset users *eyes recent changes resulting in 303 dormant account issues*).

I agree whole heartedly. I have the data plan for a tablet. I don't have "friends" I want to "gift"
    100mb to (I can see the restriction on gifting and have no beef with that) but the whole idea of
    FP is economical service. I'd like to build up a reserve so when I'm out in the field I can download
    missing maptiles for a tracking program. They have an overhead and it's nice to have a reserve.
    For cripes sake FreedomPop, you have a 10Gb limit and I can see that but you make it practically
    impossible for one to get there. I'm a greedy bas***d and ain't gonna give it away to anyone and
    big deal if I build up a 10Gb reserve and let it sit for when I need it? You got my $30.00 a month.

You tell me if this was loosened up a bit it would give you an edge over the other providers.
    Plus since I have a 2 Gb plan my service should come from the 2Gb I've paid for and not from the
    reserve I've build up. I've noticed that you're taking from the reserve first now and not
    what was paid for. (So it seems) This is el stinko. Kurt