Nexus S 3G support

Lewis LinebergerLewis Lineberger Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
My Nexus S (with Wimax) phone works in 4G mode, but not in 3G mode. I have the Pro 500MB (4G/3G), and it works fine in metro Orlando with 4G. But go outside 4G and it is nothing. Anyone with the same issue? Anyone with a Nexus S that works in 3G?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Lewis Lineberger‌ - please try an MSL reset (this is a RESET so please back up important info); please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 697980

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • Lewis LinebergerLewis Lineberger Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried to dial ##786# and it answers then just hangs up on me after about 3 seconds. There is no "Reset" button to be found. I can make regular calls.
    @Lewis Lineberger‌ - Please make sure you are using the native dialer when performing the MSL reset.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014 #5

I tried to dial ##786# and it answers then just hangs up on me after about 3 seconds. There is no "Reset" button to be found. I can make regular calls.

I don't know if it is too late or not, but on the Nexus S you need to do *#*#786#*#* on the native dialer to reset.
    Thank you. I did use the *#*#786#*#* on the native dialer, based on a search of different advice on the web. It did reset, and immediately showed 3G when I had the 4G turned off. Unfortunately my Samsung Nexus S still about one time every 5 shut offs drains the battery. I thought putting it into airplane mode, turning off wifi and turning the phone off would work, but a couple of days ago, it still drained over night. Other nights it stays at 95% so it is not the battery.

Thank you again.
    @Lewis Lineberger‌ - Are you using the same charger everytime? Do you think it may be an issue with the charger?
    Yes, the same charger. One night turned off after charged - 95%, next night, 5%. A search of Nexus S, with Android 4.1 shows many people have this problem. I thought I had it licked by turning off wifi, going to airplane mode, then turning off the phone, but no such luck. Since the phone in all cases shows fully charged, then I disconnect the charger and power off as above, I do not suspect the charger. I'm thinking the battery level and charge controlling is in the phone, not the charger. The charger is only a 'dumb' 5V micro-usb.
This discussion has been closed.