Unable to manage hotspot settings on the evo design 4g

M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Archived Discussions #1
I was trying to set up the phone as a hotspot for my wifi tablet. My tablet got its signal, but I was unable to unlock it. when I tried setting it up on the evo, (portable wifi hotspot settings) I got a FC and "unfortunately settings has stopped". The Hotspot is up and sending its signal but I cant access the password settings. Any Ideas?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Tagged:

Comments

• Currently we do not support tethering/mobile hotspot on our phones. We may add this feature in the future though. Sorry about the confusion.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Hmm too bad, that was a possible good point on making my decision to come along. Why else have a usable mobile network enabled? Just for the onboard browser? I think it would go further with customers if the hotspot would be usable totether tablets that have wifi. But then I guess it would take bussiness from the hotspot hardware FreedomPop offers...right....duh..:-) Sorry, I just got it!
  • JAKOB LINJAKOB LIN FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Miguel. freedompop does not have tether apps.you can install a tether apps . there is no such thing as illegal app. you can install what ever apps on your phone.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    THx Jakob, I know there is notillegal apps. I tried "wifi Tether" and while it did work, it kept turning off after about 5 minutes. Working on a fix with some friends.
    Still not working right so I took it off the phone for now and looking for other solutions.
  • SniperSniper FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Miguel.

If you have an EVO 4G, download and install the Digital Karma v9 custom rom. It will solve all the problems your having.
    I have the design 4g, that rom is not going to work on it. But thanks for looking out. I am sure thats a good thing to know for others here.
This discussion has been closed.