**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

How to stop calls from 1002, 1003, 1005, etc.

Vle045Vle045 FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 37
I know these calls have something to do with SIP. I have been able to determine that it is NOT connected to the phone number itself as I have the app logged in to the same account on 4 different devices and the ghost calls only happen on the android phone (the other devices are all Apple). Legitimate calls ring all devices. My son lost the phone that has the SIM card for this account (somewhere in the house) and we have not yet replaced it. We have simply logged in to his account on different devices in the meantime. I've unintalled the app on the Android for a few days. When we re-installed the app, the ghost calls began again. I logged out of the app, but did not un-install the app, and the ghost calls continued. I uninstalled the app again and the ghost calls stopped. The Apple devices are not his, so it's not the best solution. The Android phone is his so we want him to be able to use that device. It does not have a data plan, just wifi. His freedompop number is the one he uses with his friends. If I can't make this stop, I will most likely look at options to Port the number elsewhere. I would prefer to figure out how to make the SIP calls stop.

Comments

• limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    @Vle045 - do you have control of the router providing the WiFi access your son's android? Depending on the answer & the capabilities of the router, you may be able to control how incoming SIP packets are handled. The FP Messaging app also has a checkbox 'Use Random Ports' under Settings->Network, which if checked might help prevent the SIP scanners - however, it may also cause issues with genuine incoming calls & I'm not sure if all app versions consistently support the option.
    https://forums.freedompop.com/uk/discussion/comment/72501#Comment_72501

It'd be nice if the FP app could include some wildcard call blocking options, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that one...

BTW, are the iPhones using the same WiFi, or are they using cellular data? If the latter, that might explain why they're not being affected.
  • Vle045Vle045 FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 37
    Limey, I looked at the use random ports settings and simply changed it. That seemed to fix the problem. Haven't had random calls since then. Thanks
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Vle045 said:

Limey, I looked at the use random ports settings and simply changed it. That seemed to fix the problem. Haven't had random calls since then. Thanks

Glad it's working for you, Vle045 - just make sure that your regular incoming calls are ringing thru, as random ports sometimes blocks these over WiFi. If you call your FP number after leaving the the phone idle on WiFi for an hour & it rings, then you're probably good to go.
  • Vle045Vle045 FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 37
    I don't remember the number, but in the thread that you linked to, it listed somewhere two different ports Freedompop uses. I simply changed it to the other one. FIgured it was worth a shot. The funny thing is... My son lost his Freedompop phone a year ago. So he's actually just using the Freedompop app and a completely different phone (not a Freedompop phone). His calls and texts are working fine now.
  • bobrooneybobrooney FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    I am having the same problem. My router log shows massive amounts of activity labeled as "[LAN access from remote] from 62.210.203.106:5070 to 192.168.1.4:5060" Most of the time, my phone is not on that IP...i have no device on that IP address. And sometimes it is, and the calls come in non-stop, 24/7 until i take the phone off of WiFi. My guess is that my ISP issued IP is being targeted. No idea what to do as the port range goes from 5060 to the 9000 series. This is insane.
  • bobrooneybobrooney FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    I wanted to post a followup on this. I changed my MAC address which triggered my ISP to issue a new IP address, and I also ended up changing my internal IP to a different set of numbers and so far no bogus calls. It looks like those SIP scanners are looking for default IP addresses, ie. 192.168.1.x.