**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Calling from contacts - iphone problems

russwsrussws FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
I just got two iphone 5s from freedompop. One seems to be able to call direct or from iphone contacts from the iphone app (and from freedom pop app) The other one gives me a verbal can't make the call error message from the native call /contacts. Any idea what is the problem?

Comments

• reporter20reporter20 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I'm having the same trouble. Anyone who can help us set up iPhone to use native call/messaging?
  • LakeNokomisLakeNokomis FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 48
    Make that a 'me to'. i am waiting for a solution from FP Support. Have you found an answer?
  • trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with droids, you would do a 'sync acct data', but iphs. don't have that easy option.

fp has to be default app, if you give permission for another app to access to your iph. it will cause probs.
    i don't use my apples much because i like droids, but when i do use them, i can get them to call but only from the fp keypad.

these options may make it worse because they reset or erase temp files.

logout, then push home but. twice, you'll see a staggered view of pgs. you've used, swipe off the fp pg. this is a force stop, open fp and login.

another is prl update, this should be done on home wi-fi, dial ##873283# on the native/built-in dialer, press call, wait and reopen fp.

a soft reset is to logout then from hscreen, press and hold the home but. then power but. wait for logo then release wait and open fp and login.
  • applebit924iphone5sapplebit924iphone5s FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Is the iPhone that is able to make native phone calls using premium voice service? Apparently native calling is available when you activate the premium voice service.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,230 admin

Is the iPhone that is able to make native phone calls using premium voice service? Apparently native calling is available when you activate the premium voice service.

This is not applicable for sims or phones in the US. Premium Voice allows you to use the Sprint Cellular network for calls in weak signal areas. Ensures high-quality voice calls even when network connection is poor by switching seamlessly between FreedomPop voice and cellular voice.

However, you still need to use our app to make calls, and if you get a weak signal, the app will show you a pop-up to ask if you want to change. for more information, please visit:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2064/kw/premium voice