No 4G since flashed the stock rom. Could be due to wrong APN settings?

Guillaume FilteauGuillaume Filteau Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hello all,

Ever since I flashed my S3 to Android 4.4.2, I have been unable to get 4G on my phone with FreedomPop.

I'd like to note that according to Sprint, the WiMAX coverage in my area is excellent.

I did some research online and many others have experienced similar problem with 4G when using Sprint third party providers. It seems like the wrong APN settings are used in these cases after upgrading/flashing a rom, preventing the use of 4G.

Could this be the issue here?

Best regards,
Merudo

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    @Merudo‌ Unfortunately i probably cannot help you but I want to ask you if you could post the solution back here if you do get help with this. This may be very useful to others.

One thing you could try would be to go to settings, then to "more networks" then "mobile networks" and make the "network mode" is set to CDMA/LTE/EDV0 and not just CDMA.

• Aaron KnowlesAaron Knowles Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. Are you having issues with 4g on the stock ROM, or did you flash an aftermarket ROM, like cyanogen-mod or something similar? If its an aftermarket ROM, I would read up and see if 4g is one of the bugs for that particular ROM. This is common, especially if it was experimental or a nightly. Sometimes it takes a while for the developers to get all of the bugs out.
  • Guillaume FilteauGuillaume Filteau Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I found out a way to solve this! Initially, I didn't get 4G on either 4.4 stock rom or cyanogen-mod 11. I did however, get 3G on 4.3 stock. Thankfully, I finally got 4G to work after applying the following fix!

This fix allows 4G on cyanogenmod 11. However, I strongly suspect it may also work on 4.4 stock, as well as on other custom roms based on 4.4.

You can read about it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/comments/29dint/how_to_get_4g_with_freedompop_and_custom_rom/
  • MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I just got a Galaxy S3 from FP (w/their ROM & 4.4.2) so forgive my newbieness, I did not know it could connect to WiMax. Are you saying it can? If so how do you choose between WiMax and LTE?
    Thanks
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    edited June 2014 #6
    @Sprinter MiFi4082‌ your s3 should connet to 4gLTE not wimax.
  • MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    LTE, It does.
This discussion has been closed.