How do I use the Hotspot on my Victory?

Mark KrammMark Kramm Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
So in the support / help if I look up hotspot, it states:

"Can the Freedom Phone act as a hotspot?

Our Samsung Galaxy S3 ,4 and Victory can be used as hotspots, and are functional for tethering. All other Freedom Phones do not support this function."

So how do i use my Victory as a hotspot?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Mark Kramm‌ - Currently we do not support hotspot/tethering on our phones, although we do hope to add more features soon!
  • Mark KrammMark Kramm Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Then you should not advertise that your samsung phones can be used as hotspots. This is one of the reasons I got freedompop service was because of the capability of using the phone as a hotspot. The advertisements are plastered all over your help, blogs etc.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mark Kramm Go to Settings > More settings (under networks) > Tethering. If that doesn't work, root your phone and install TrevE Mod tethering.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Mark Kramm‌ as always remember that if your phone is not already rooted FP does not support you doing anything to that phone that FP has not already done to it, like flashing or rooting. Make sure you save the current system as a back-up before doing anything to that phone! Don't risk the warranty if you got it from FP. If it's yours through byod...root on!
  • Blaine MillerBlaine Miller Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    One can tether your phone. Its called PDAnet. Freedompop does not have this app or any that can tether atm. But it can be done. PDAnet on your computer or android. And, also, one needs to research FoxFi. Both of these programs work in tandem and with the their network to provide tethering on android devices. IPhones can also tether.
  • whitenackwhitenack Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I thought tethering was officially supported for LTE phones? It says so in the blog article below.

http://blog.freedompop.com/freedompop-lte-unlimited-everything/
  • verneverne Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    so is hotspot supported by freedompop or not
  • ewoodrickewoodrick Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    The web site definitely lists the Victory as supporting tethering. That's the ONLY reason that I bought it. I'm planning on using the service to replace an existing hotspot and figured getting a phone would be more functional than just a plain hotspot.

If you ask the support web site "Can the Freedom Phone act as a hotspot? "
    It responds with "Our Samsung Galaxy S3 ,4 and Victory can be used as hotspots, and are functional for tethering. All other Freedom Phones do not support this function."

That's an explicit statement, along with the one that whitenack sent, that indicates that you are saying that the phone does support it.

So what do I need to do to be able to get hotspot service? I'm not going to root a phone, I want the fully supported feature.

This discussion has been closed.