Genius bar warranty

Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Archived Discussions #1
Hey everyone!
So now that FreedomPop has been offering the iPhone for about 3 months, we know that their iPhones are manufacturer refurbished, and that they are essentially new. However, these devices are also the same types used by Apple as warranty replacements to users who need them. My question is - are these devices covered in the same 1 year manufacturer warranty as other refurbished iPhones and new ones are covered in? Also, does this mean we can go to the genius bar to get like a repair done if we need it? If this is a case, I might consider buying one.

-Ali

Comments

• Lman BizLman Biz Posts: 138FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali Here is the "official" info from Apple. And yes, this has been the case in the past from my experience. Basically, its remainder of the original warranty, or 90 days from the replacement phone. But, always remember, that sometimes they will go above and beyond the warranty, depending on the situation....but only sometimes. Here is the quote:

"A replacement part or Apple Product, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by Apple, assumes the remaining term of the Warranty or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you."
  • Lman BizLman Biz Posts: 138FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    So...I'm guessing it all depends on if FP has an agreement with Apple to buy phones from them, or if FP is buying them from another source. If another source, you can simply put the IMEI in the apple warranty webpage to see if it is still under manufacturer warranty.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @Iman!
This discussion has been closed.