Sleeping devices lose WiFi connection with MiFi 500

Steve FatulaSteve Fatula Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
This did not happen with the Photon. There *must* be a setting somewhere on the device. When my iPad or iPod is sleeping, they lose the WiFi connection to the Mifi 500, meaning, no push notifications, etc. This does not happen on other wifi networks, even when not connected to power. It only seems to happen on the MiFi 500 LTE. So, it's not an iPod or iPad setting. There is something on the device that is causing this.

Any clues?
Steve, Freedom Spot MiFi 500 LTE, iPhone 5 BYOD

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Steve Fatula‌ perhaps asking about the issue on the device thread will get you a quicker response to the issue! You can ask one of our Pros there.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014 #3

This did not happen with the Photon. There *must* be a setting somewhere on the device. When my iPad or iPod is sleeping, they lose the WiFi connection to the Mifi 500, meaning, no push notifications, etc. This does not happen on other wifi networks, even when not connected to power. It only seems to happen on the MiFi 500 LTE. So, it's not an iPod or iPad setting. There is something on the device that is causing this.

Any clues?

It a comfig in the iPad that does this, the MiFI will alway send the wifi signal as long as it is on. Check your wifi setting on your iPad.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
This discussion has been closed.