Can't send photos using through freedompop messaging.

Jeff SessionsJeff Sessions Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
On my Galaxy 3, when i try to attach a photo to a text message I get "Problem with attachment; sorry, cannot attach that type of file". I get the same error message regardless of the type of file and who I'm sending it to. Also, I can't send images through other apps like whatsapp or hello (hello actually give me a 2120-you are not allowed to send text messages). Seems like I must be missing an setting or something. Please help

Thanks,
Jeff

Answers

• Jeff SessionsJeff Sessions Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    So, I have some more info on this issue. It seems to be more of a wide spread issue. Some apps don't seem to have permission to write to there own directories. For instance, whatsapp can't send a photo or backup conversations because it can't write to /storage/emulated/0/. The same way Amazon App store downloads fail because it can't write to the /storage/sdcard0/android/data/com.amazon.venezia/files/apks. It seems as thought write permissions are messed up on the phone (Galaxy 3). Does anyone know how I can fix this?
  • Thanh LuuThanh Luu Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jeff Sessions are you using the FreedomPop Messaging app?
  • Jeff SessionsJeff Sessions Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My other comment (which hasn't been approved yet) goes into more detail about this issue. I believe this now to be a permission issue since certain apps can't write to there own directories. I tried a hard reset and still have the same issue. I guess I'm going to have to root the phone and see if that will fix it.
  • Kevin NewtonKevin Newton Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't either. I get the same error. I have the Galaxy S3 also. I'll have to dig into this. I can send it in gmail.
  • Kevin NewtonKevin Newton Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I was thinking about this some. I thought maybe the size of the jpg was too large. I reduced the size of a picture so that it was 164k and it still does not send. Could it be that this is an MMS feature?
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014 #9
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2684384

Disclaimer, FreedomPop will not accept changes to their phones that have not been previously approved, that includes flashing new roms or rooting unless your phone arrived pre-rooted. Those activities will invalidate your warranty of FP provided phones only. BYOD are your own phones and of course you are free to do as you please, but don't expect support from FP.

You can of course reach out to one of our Pros who lurk around here and asked their oppinion or lead you to the promised land...lol
This discussion has been closed.