Can't downgrade LTE SIM from $14.99 "Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited" to the free plan

willwallwillwall Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I just ordered two LTE Sims. I successfully downgraded the service from Premier to free. But I can't downgrade the plan from "Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited" to free. It's saying,

Because actual data usage may be delayed by up to 3 hours, to protect ourselves from fraud and leakage, you must have at least $5.00 in credits to downgrade to free plan.

Downgrade to free plan and add $5.00 in credits.

Guys, I have not used a byte of data. I can say this with 100% certainty because I haven't even received the SIM yet. There is no fraud or leakage.

I don't want to add $5 in credits just to downgrade to free plan.
Please fix this, FreedomPop staff.

Answers

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Hello @willwall - It seems that FreedomPop recently has integrated Disabling Auto-TopUp (that's where the $5 fee is coming from) with the downgrading process. Basically this is to prevent overages, and ensure that the service will remain free (and also used for "Fraud purposes" as stated in the downgrading process itself. It's a one-time fee, not a recurring charge.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • AK74AK74 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    It's been fixed, I was able to downgrade without Disabling Auto-TopUp and paying $5.
    Thank you.
  • dkcdkc Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    AK74 said:

It's been fixed, I was able to downgrade without Disabling Auto-TopUp and paying $5.
    Thank you.

How is this fixed? I'm faced with the same $5 requirement to downgrade.
  • AltenburgerAltenburger Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,

How did you manage to downgrade for free? I had to pay $5 anyway. I followed the steps here:
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Altenburger - You lucky dog ! It changed from $15 to $20 in Fall of 2018. Maybe in their sale action something regressed to 2017 again.
    OH the disable top-up has that requirement costing $6.99/mo !! now.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs