Why am I getting charged $8 dollars if I downgraded to the free plan?

UnderwillyUnderwilly Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
There is absolutely nowhere where it says that you get charged to downgrade to the free plan. If there is, you should be more clear about it. I already paid for a month of full service, but I wasn't using it too much. Plus, it's not cool that they charge you for something that you don't use much, and I recently downgraded for that specific reason.

Best Answer

Answers

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Hello @Underwilly - It seems that FreedomPop recently has integrated Disabling Auto-TopUp with the downgrading process. Basically this is to prevent overages, and ensure that the service will remain free (and also used for "Fraud purposes" as stated in the downgrading process itself.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • UnderwillyUnderwilly Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    So, basically that's the only amount of money they will get from now on, right? Or am I gonna get charged 7.99 every month? Thank you for replying.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017 #5
    When you downgrade the premium voice service you shouldn't be charged again. To make sure go into your account settings. Under "services" make sure it says that you have no service selected or something similar.
  • Tsz Kim WongTsz Kim Wong Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't know if I turn off the top up and I need to get charge for $10, and freedompop keep telling people it is 100% free. Please refund me the $10, and I will turn the top up back on.