**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What model G7 phone is best for FP Gsm

Paul16Paul16 Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
I have a FP gsm sim card that I have not used yet for over a month now because I have not found the right phone to use with it until now. I have chosen to buy an unlocked used or refurbished Samsung S7 edge now. But which unlocked model should I get? Global G935f, US G935U or At&T G935A. One would assume that they would all work with FP gsm? But maybe not if the phone is still locked to At&t even though FP uses the same At&t network? But one would also assume that the At&t model would work best because it would get all the At&t's G3/G4/HSDPA/LTE bands and the others would not? (would be missing bands 17(12&17?),29,30) Any help with best model and any suggested reliable seller sites to buy from would be great.

Answers

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 420FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 #2
    @Paul16 - Apparently a locked AT&T phone will work with the GSM LTE SIM Card as long as it's not AT&T GoPhone or blacklisted. It recommended to get an unlocked device, just to be certain, but aware of some sketchy sellers on eBay that may have blacklisted devices.
    If the Unlocked model is missing band 12 and band 17, it most likely will be hard to get coverage while indoors or on basement floors in some buildings. But if you have at least one of them you should be fine.
    Bands 29 and 30 are not necessary to receive coverage, but if you have them, the speeds will most likely be much faster.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.