Why is my phone demanding Android Messages?

Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
I keep getting notification that SMS is not supported, tells me to install Android Messages. I have FP messages as default and it seems to working.

Comments

• kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 295FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    That is coming directly from Google. Hangouts no longer let's you sms. It's been removed because they are preparing it for business use. Google will be implementing a dialer per their forum. I would install Google Voice but keep the Hangouts dialer app for now.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 13 #3
    Well, currently I don't want hangouts, google voice, or Android messages. I wouldn't care about the extra apps, if freedompop would've allowed this phone to go to marshmallow, as it is supposed to. Since they didn't the 8gb of internal storage is somewhat limiting.

I found a setting to turn off app suggestions, I'll see if that gets rid of the notification.
    (edit) That didn't work. Oh well, it's only wasting 40 MB.
    Post edited by Jeffrey Burger on
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 295FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I noticed your pic said Hangouts and that's why I responded. Have a good weekend.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 13 #5
    Oh, no problem. That can't be deleted from Android. Probably later versions won't allow the their new Messages app to be removed :smile: .
    Post edited by Jeffrey Burger on