Wifi Password

Koshy KaranathuKoshy Karanathu Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
My new Galaxy s4 from freedom pop does not remember the wifi password on restart. Any fix?

Comments

• Yaxuan DingYaxuan Ding Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My S4 has the same problem. I must enter wifi password,When I restart the phone.
  • Vicki HathawayVicki Hathaway Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem.
  • Pyro ManiacPyro Maniac Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I also have the same problem.
  • Scott MitchellScott Mitchell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too! In addition my work WiFi drops when wifi scan is done.
  • Scott MitchellScott Mitchell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Oh yea! My work Wifi requires strong auth with a corp userid and password. It works fine on my other wifi devices I use. So it's not the Wifi itself.
  • Anurag MurarkaAnurag Murarka Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue - this link may have a hint: http://www.galaxys4forums.net/forum/13-galaxy-s4-faq-guides/775-if-you-having-wifi-problems.html

Issue could be due to WEP encryption on the router - Can someone here try switching to "WPA/WPA2 or equivalent" and confirm it goes away.
  • Pyro ManiacPyro Maniac Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

Issue could be due to WEP encryption on the router - Can someone here try switching to "WPA/WPA2 or equivalent" and confirm it goes away.

My D-Link router (with DD-WRT v25-sp2) is already set to WPA2 Personal and I'm getting the problem.
  • Haochen ZhangHaochen Zhang Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Same issue, please fix.
  • EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @Haochen Zhang@Pyro Maniac@Anurag Murarka@Scott Mitchell@Vicki Hathaway@Yaxuan Ding@Koshy Karanathu

This is a known problem that we have a solution for:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi for best network performance
    2. Open a mobile browser on your S4 and navigate to: rom.freedompop.com/wifi_fix.zip. The download will start automatically
    3. Ensure your phone has at least 30% charge and turn it off.
    4. Press Vol Up + Power buttons and release Power button once phone vibrates. Keep holding the Vol Up until phone enters a custom recovery screen
    5. Press on Install Zip
    6. Choose zip from /sdcard
    7. Select "Download/" folder
    8. Press on wifi_fix.zip and confirm Yes - Install wifi_fix.zip
    9. When the installation is complete, touch the screen and press +++++Go Back++++ all the way in the bottom and then select "Power Options"
    10. Select "Reboot System Now" and select "No twice on following screens"