FP Galaxy S3 - SD Card & Download issues

Sprinter GS3Sprinter GS3 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
My FP Galaxy S3:
SETTINGS> Application manager> SD CARD (listing)
Shows about 6 (not all) of the apps I have download, all with 0.00KB of data listed and at the bottom where USB STORAGE data totals should be shown it is completely blank (does not show 0.00KBs or anything). I should note that there is NO, SD Card installed. So all of these apps are actually in internal storage.

1. Could this be why (or a reflection of) I can not download a file (or app from G Play) via the mobile network. I can however, over WiFi.

2. Are the downloads (Mobile/WiFi) handled by two different apps/systems?

3. Could this be part of the KitKat 4.4.2 SD Card issue?

My searches have turned up solutions for similar, but not this exact issue. I was wondering if it is specific to the Freedompop S3 or the KatKat upgrade or something else.

Any help or direction will be appreciated. Thank you,

Best Answer

Answers

• miriam spiramiriam spira Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    same with my htc
  • MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    I installed a SD card and the phone recognized it and I was able to move the apps I have downloaded to it. This all seems to be reported correctly.

Did not solve my inability to download via cell network (can only via wifi)

Some more KIT KAT SD Card questions are answered here:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Basically, Google changed the way Apps can write to the SD card (or any file) in KIT KAT. So when the App developer updates the app to work with KIT KAT it should work. You might need to uninstall & reinstall to get it to work.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Did your phone come rooted @Sprinter MiFi4082‌ ? Is so you can also get the xda framework app and that fixes the android permision problem!
    I have not run a ROOT Check, but I did run PHONE info and the "Knox Warranty Void: 0x1" And it appears to have a custom ROM. I am waiting on you to get yours to let me know for sure.
    @MIGUEL LOPEZI have not run a ROOT Check, but I did run PHONE info and the "Knox Warranty Void: 0x1" And it appears to have a custom ROM. I am waiting on you to get yours to let me know for sure.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Sprinter MiFi4082‌ I am still in holding pattern buddy, its been a month + now. Its Still showing being packaged. It been like that for a week. Beginning to wonder if they are hand making the box and giving it the Benz treatment!!...lol
  • Pyro ManiacPyro Maniac Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Galaxy S4 user here and it came rooted from FreedomPop.
    I found this page to be useful if you want to enable write permissions to the sdcard. I used method 2.
    http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/04/fixing-external-sd-card-write-issue-on-android-kitkat/
    @Pyro Maniac great post. That answer will come in handy to other folks! Thanks.
  • garin shawgarin shaw Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    some applications are not compatible to run on the SD card. Those applications will install on the phone itself.
    @Garin shaw indeed you are right. I have just gotten my SIII Sprinter. I never had an Sam Gal so I have a learning curve to get over here so I am taking it easy at first to see if I really want to do anything to it that may(or may not L-) invalidate the waranty. At first glance I have checked root and SU and both appear to be there. I have read some conflicting information posted by admins and I have asked a few pm questions I am waiting clarification on before proceeding. Right off however I am waiting on a 32gb sd card to arrive, the generic one I had I have put into my Surface RT tablet. Will keep you appraised.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sprinter GS3
    I am looking back at unanswered questions, and I came across your post. Did you get your question answered? Or Did you need a little more trouble shooting help?
    I hope you having a Great Weekend....
    @njfulwider5

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sprinter MiFi4082
    or in your case.....Root

Just trying to clear out some old unanswered post....See left hand middle(Unanswered)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop