Netgear Fuse won't connect to cellular network

Ray LamRay Lam Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
My Netgear Fuse won't connect to the cellular network. After powered up, it just stayed at "Searching" state. I followed the advice to log into the http://myhotspot web page after connected to the Fuse via wifi. I clicked the "Update Profile" button from the web page, but it seems nothing happened. Does the "update profile" only works when the device is connected to the cellular network? If it is, then it is a catch22. Is there other way to update profile without the device being connected to the network? Is there other way to "force" the device to connect to the cellular network?
I have another FreedomPop device Mingle which works without any problem in the same area, so I know it is not that I am out the network area. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Denis AbramovDenis Abramov Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I had this problem. Turns out mine was deactivated on the website because I haven't used for it awhile. If you look on FreedomPop's site does it say the device need to be activated?
  • welkerliuwelkerliu Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi My Netgear Fuse Aircard 779s is stuck in Searching mode. I have reset it myself and it did not resolve it. The ICCID# is 89011200000520726331. My account is active. This happened one time before and I have asked for your reset. I also tried to change APN to from r.f6.ispsn to fp.com.attz, and it did not work. Please help again.
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    welkerliu said:

Hi My Netgear Fuse Aircard 779s is stuck in Searching mode. I have reset it myself and it did not resolve it. The ICCID# is 89011200000520726331. My account is active. This happened one time before and I have asked for your reset. I also tried to change APN to from r.f6.ispsn to fp.com.attz, and it did not work. Please help again.

Hello, @welkerliu. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. Upon review, we confirm that your account has become dormant due to lack of use. In order to prevent your device from going dormant, simply connecting and using your device at least once per month. Let us know if you would like us to activate it for you.

• tqianfreedompoptqianfreedompop Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    just received my freedompop netgear hot spot. Powered on, and keep getting the message "your data connection is disconnected". I added $20 to my account and downgraded my plan to 200MB free plan. reset it to the factory setting. Still can't connect. Below is the device info
    wifi network name: UNITE-A2E8
    MAC: 84-DB-2F-41-A2-E8
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tqianfreedompop - a few Unite hot spots have been sent out without the APN being properly setup. You are able to fix the APN via this document. If your APN for the Unite is -- fp.com.attz then all is good, make no changes.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3533/#unite
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs