Can I use my phone with MetroPCS?

techmantechman Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
Well as the title states Can I use my phone with MetroPCS?

I want get a phone with real dialer and sms and this be the best deal for me.

I thought I saw a website saying there not compatible that I can only use T Mobile phones on there network.

But the person at Metro said that only company not compatible was T Mobile so before I go there like to know if I have to spring for new phone that be great but I dont think he is right so let me know my options please. Thanks

Oh my phone is LG G3 although I dont think that matters.

Best Answer

• techmantechman Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
    #2 Accepted Answer
    JJFreedom said:

@techman - If you bought the phone directly from FreedomPop, it will not ~easily~ be compatible with Metro PCS.

If you have had service on the device for over six months, you can request an Unlock Code from FreedomPop. Even with an unlock code though, the phone will only connect to 2G, 3G, and 4G HSPA, not LTE because the LTE antenna is only compatible with Sprint's bands.

Ok well I bought my phone from Woot last May so its over a year old.

So the phone is somewhat compatible but I am not like losing LTE which is using sprint network but how much speed would I actually lose using the other phone connections?

I am torn now on whether just buy a new phone anyways but that would be better purchase in a couple months.

This is the new phone looking at which has newer os, stylus might be nice, great storage options, fingerprint scanner and a few other feature I like and it dont have as good a good camera or screen res
    phone is not rooted which is a plus to use software that wont run on rooted device.

I guess I will see if I can get new phone at later date as not sure if its on sale now.
    https://www.metropcs.com/shop/phones/details/LG-Stylo-3-PLUS/610214652485

Answers

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 424FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @techman - If you bought the phone directly from FreedomPop, it will not ~easily~ be compatible with Metro PCS.

If you have had service on the device for over six months, you can request an Unlock Code from FreedomPop. Even with an unlock code though, the phone will only connect to 2G, 3G, and 4G HSPA, not LTE because the LTE antenna is only compatible with Sprint's bands.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    Another question about my move to MetroPCS can I come back to freedompop using same LG 3 phone?
  • sandy1264sandy1264 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I currently have a Metro PCS Phone. Will that work with Freedom Pop.
  • Global ExplorerGlobal Explorer Posts: 163FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    sandy1264 said:

Is it unlocked?

sandy1264 said:

Is it unlocked?
    Myself I am waiting on phone the LG Stylo 3 plus for the better features for me and hoping wont even use my G3 at all.
    Once my new metro phone ports my LG G3 number I can get new number
    so here the situation now find a store that has the LG phone I wanted which is now my preferred way to go to metro . I can get the $100 promo that way which comes from switching carriers and low and behold they wont let me port my number! So after having to go to 3 different stores I get the reason they wont honor that promo because the dont want to give the promo to freedom pop users they treat freedom pop likes a free phone I think or imho just looking for a way to stuff me from getting any money when switching.

It gets better the salesman at the store say he can port my number to the phone I just bought just wont get promo price. So its not a matter of number of being blocked by metro they can port number fine with no promo.

So I want to know who has been able to port you number and metro gave you the switching policy?

If anyone has been trying to use metropcs and it was hung up porting this is probably the reason why that you were trying to get a deal with the phone and its not allowed.

I am still waiting until Wed to see if I can use the phone I already bought at full price as told salesman I had a phone already and can it be ported he said can port but cant get promo.

This is a wtf moment trying to switch to MetroPCS but
    i want the phone for updated features, its not rooted I will see how works and have OS 7 on phone, a stylus and fingerprint reader, and it I use sms to get messages which works much better for alerting me.
    ok while this whole thread started as moving my LG G3 Freedompop phone to metroPCS I ended up wanted the LG Stylo phone they had so no clue on doing the conversion itself I did run into some issues I wanted to post here for anyone wondering how it worked with getting the promo as well as porting my phone. That got confusing so the bottom line is you can port your phone and as far as getting any promos do it in the store dont try like I did to buy it online for full price and then expect them to honor the promo as its in store only. I just got my number ported this weekend so that works fine and they just added the $100- to my acct and I dont want to get into that part the problem I had getting the credit again. So once you see the special on the website call the store to get it done and should be fine. The whole thing with getting the switching promo is that they cant be an affiliate of TMoblie and Freedompop is not as best I was able to find out if they give you grief going to MetroPCS from Freedompop. Good Luck and who want to buy my LG G3 rooted phone :)
  • rrussorrusso Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I have an unlocked Samsung J8 international phone that has dual sim cards. Phone is currently on metro pcs. Can i use freedompop for my 2nd sim?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.