**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is the global sim being eliminated?

glenn jarvisglenn jarvis Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I currently have several global sims I use when traveling in Europe, they have worked well for me. I have gotten notice to upgrade to an lye sim that won't work in Europe. I don't intend to do this as I rarely if ever use the sim in the USA. What I don't want is to get to Europe next summer and find the sim no longer works. So anyone know the status. I know you can't buy it anymore.

• woody1woody1 Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same questions:
    1. Is the Global SIM card being eliminated? Will it still work?
    2. If I switch to the new 4G LTE card, will it work the same as the Global SIM in other countries?
    3. If I don't switch, will my Global SIM continue work in other countries?
  • Kevin ScottKevin Scott Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also have the same question so I'd like to bump.
  • Jason OrrJason Orr Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    I have this question too. mine have been non-functional in the US for the last two months. I sick of getting charged the $0.01 no usage fee every month (not to mention I have two sims, and they charge me twice a month for both, so it's $0.04 a month). Of course there's no usage, they haven't worked in months!
  • Global ExplorerGlobal Explorer Posts: 103FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭