Cannot receive calls or texts on LTE. Can only receive on WIFI.

ckotabishckotabish Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I can't receive calls or texts on LTE. I can only receive calls and texts on wifi. I have reinstalled the freedompop app and reset my phone but the problem persists.

Comments

• 9778 Z9778 Z Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too.
  • Angry MeAngry Me Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here, it has been a while, I asked for support several times, each time had to wait for 2-3 days to get an email, basically just let me check the problem on my own, not helpfully at all. Phone was activated on freedompop.com, but still shows not activated, not registered, tried all the reset, nothing went through. So my activation fee was charged, and now I have a brick.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    A few things to try---make sure you are using the correct FPop app (messaging for phone/sim). Also enable cellular data AND data roaming. After all of the above go to the menu in messaging and resync data.
  • Angry MeAngry Me Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the advice, will try. I believe I have done most if not everything suggested on the forum. One more question about the sim card. I received a sim from FPop when I signed up initially which carries a phone number, and another sim that came with the phone. The phone got another number during activation. The sim that came with the phone is not compatible (it has Sprint logo and the phone does not recognize it), the sim from FPop is currently in the phone, and when the phone works under Wifi, it shows the phone number that is under the sim, not the phone. But without Wifi, the phone becomes useless as I cannot get it to connect to the network, cannot edit the APN profile, etc, and shows not activated, not registered. Thanks much!
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017 #6
    FPop Sims will NOT work in your phone if it had a SPRINT sim. Sprint is cdma only. It will have to be a Sprint sim to work. If you take the sim in the phone out it will still work on WiFi. What brand is your phone? What message did you receive when the Sprint sim was in the phone?
  • TheCapnVideoTheCapnVideo Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I have three FreedomPop phones, Mine is a Galaxy S4, same issue, worked great til a month ago. Advice given in this thread has no effect. Wife's MotoE (2nd) is nothing but trouble for her. She has huge cellular service holes I do not have. Cannot get text except on wifi, cannot make calls 3:4 times call her and my phone shows it rings and rings and rings, never goes to voicemail, she never gets a ring or a missed call but landlines go through. Daughter's MotoE(2nd) works fine for her but no text except on wifi, different cell service holes from wife's MotoE. Both MotoE have a tendency to spontaneously shut off cellular data setting so we are constantly turning that back on and syncing data. It has become a real issue. No response from Freedom Pop on this.