**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I have a clear wireless hub(the exact same router as the 'hub' , freedom pop offers.

Douglas BarnesDouglas Barnes Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have a clear wireless hub(the exact same router as the 'hub' , freedom pop offers. Can it be flashed to be used on the freedom pop network. I don't see why I should have to buy the exact same thing again, when I already have it, and it is fine.

Best Answer

Answers

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @sacdough did you purchase it from FreedomPop? If yes you can call customer support. If not, then I believe its not supportable. Please chack the forum thread for the device, I am sure that question has been asked several times and answered!
  • @sacdoug‌ Miguel is correct. In order to activate a Hub Burst on our network, you must have purchased it from us. There is no way for us to flash a device on another carrier or network to be reused with us. We apologize for this inconvenience.
  • Douglas BarnesDouglas Barnes Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    all things being equal, I would agree However, things are not equal. Whether they are refurbished or whether they are flashed, the fact is all freedompop internet devices used to be clear wirelss devices. period. end of subject.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JAY SANCHEZ‌ Is correct, and also the MAC Addresses are whitelisted to only FP and they can only do that to devices they buy from Clear. I have seen a photon being activated on clear after a request from FP but FP can't activate a clear device not from their network.
  • Douglas BarnesDouglas Barnes Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali the mac address remains the same. i knew a few people with FP devices. if u peel back the FP sticker, there is a clear sticker under it with the same number.
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @sacdoug‌ Yes but the firmware is different.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sacdoug Yes but FP has to enter their devices in their own databases themselves (whitelisting). And like @JAY SANCHEZ‌ said, the firmware is different to work on FP.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    This is a business decision between clear and fredompop, the MAC address is sign to freedompop that clear allow for them to use. This is a contact between two company's and to violate the contact will make freedompop to loss that service. Only Mac address in fredompop database is use by freedompop.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
This discussion has been closed.