**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

G729 and Freedompop messaging app

FabreFabre FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
Is it possible to use the G729 codec with Freedompop messaging app? The original csipsimple application support it and has a buy it separate extension on Google play. This could solve the problem with voice quality. @Taylor any idea about this?

Comments

• scottscott FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 158
    @Fabre This is something I always wanted to know also but never really got an answer. I have a feeling (and this is only my guess) that they cannot include it because it is pay and may not know how to or cannot tie it into there app after the fact if a user purchases it.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the original CSIPSimple app, you probably can buy the codec.
    @Ali‌ if he does do that will the codec then work with the messaging app or only the original cip simple app? To purchase the codec is around $10 i think.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if that codec will work or not with the official app, because both apps are essentially the same however I am not sure if codec support is enabled in the FP app. If he buys it once then it should work for both apps I think
  • FabreFabre FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I bought the codec but it does not shows up as an available codec for freedompop messaging app. We need some tech fellow from freedompop to step up on this.
    @Fabre Thank you for following up. I have been wondering this for a while. Hopefully developers see this thread and can find a way to integrate the ability to add G729
This discussion has been closed.