Hotspot that can be left plugged in to charger?

Steven BrownSteven Brown Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
My Netgear Fuse shuts down if left plugged into the charger "too long." Is there a mobile hotspot that has smart battery management technology that lets you leave the hotspot plugged in to the charger all the time?

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Going by this post on Howard Forums, you might be able to operate the Zing on the AC adaptor with the battery removed - if true, that would avoid the charger time shutdown, though you'd obviously lose the battery backup unless you have the charger on a UPS.

Another workaround might be to put the charger on one of those timer switches that can be programmed to cycle the power off/on at an interval that avoids the charging timeout.
  • Steven BrownSteven Brown Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2017 #3
    Post edited by Steven Brown on
  • Steven BrownSteven Brown Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for your reply. I do not want to remove the battery, because the hotspot is supposed to maintain an internet connection while unattended during a power outage. I do have the charger plugged into a timer switch, but I am looking for a hotspot that is smart enough to stop charging the battery instead of shutting down. A potential problem with the timer solution is that it avoids the timeout while leaving open the possibility of overcharging the battery.