**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why Data Sharing Stopped Working?

John (ATT SIM-14th) WongJohn (ATT SIM-14th) Wong Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Every account I tried sharing to gives me a error message that the account receiving the data is at its limit (its not) or a blank screen. I verified the accounts I was sharing data to were all below their limits (especially my daughter's account), why is this? I wanted to give family members my remaining data before my month expired on one of my phones, but was unsuccessful. I tried from this account ([email protected]) as well and received the same messages. Same result from my wife's account. Is the system down?

Thanks,
John

Answers

• Lena EVO4GLena EVO4G Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    same here, cannot share data
  • Lena EVO4GLena EVO4G Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2017 #3
    dup
  • T111 SimT111 Sim Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    Same with me. I haven't shared any data, given or received, between 2 accounts in the billing cycle. Still got error message. Please help!
    Came across this policy from a similar thread
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2186/kw/friends

The 500 MB limit now applies to a combined 50 MB per friend and upto 100 MB sharing. So, I am reading this correctly, if you already have 10 friends, you can't sharing any more data. This change in policy is not good at all. Not happy about this.
  • gdotirlgdotirl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here.

Says limit has been reached, when I haven't shared this cycle. Obvious glitch.
  • gdotirlgdotirl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here.

Someone obviously messed up. As the "Share Data" function does not seem to be working for anyone, as of a few days ago.
    It is not a glitch. Freedompop changed their "Share Data" policy. If you already have 500 MB from accepting friends, you can't share any more with anyone. Most of us already have 10 or more friends' emails linked to our accounts. So, no one can share any additional data.
  • TheRinkTheRink Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm also having the same problem. I tried it with my account that has not reached the 500MB data limit from having 10 friends, and it still did not work. Said I'd already been given data this cycle from the Friend (which I hadn't), or I'd already reached my maximum (again, no) or the Freedom Friend exceeded their giving limit. Again, no. Seems like a problem.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    TheRink said:

I'm also having the same problem. I tried it with my account that has not reached the 500MB data limit from having 10 friends, and it still did not work. Said I'd already been given data this cycle from the Friend (which I hadn't), or I'd already reached my maximum (again, no) or the Freedom Friend exceeded their giving limit. Again, no. Seems like a problem.

Verify that the receiving account hasn't reached the combined max of 500Mb from both having friends & from received data (from shares and promos). Then verify that the sharing account hasn't already reached it's max of 500Mb total in outgoing shares. If the limits on both the receiving & sharing accounts haven't yet been reached, submit a ticket at http://support.freedompop.com with the details.
  • Keith JKeith J Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorry folks I tried to share with (would have liked to return the favor).
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Same here everyone. Sharing appears to be all but eliminated.
  • berniertberniert Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here, very disappointing
  • Ray Smithers003Ray Smithers003 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Sharing no longer allows shifting data from "unused" accounts to the one you might use the most...so now it means having to swap sim cards when you run low....
  • John (ATT SIM-14th) WongJohn (ATT SIM-14th) Wong Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    All I can say is that if the new limit is 500mb total from both friends and sharing, then my Freedompop phones and accounts have just become a whole lot less practical for normal use. Plus the $20/month just to recover the lost 500mb is not worthwhile either.
  • Lei SongLei Song Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here, I can not share or receive any data at all with my friends, I assume most of us have more than 10 friends. @Karina @AlejandraG
  • Ralph (U770, last day 8th)Ralph (U770, last day 8th) Posts: 52FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also unable to share, even between active devices I use every day. Checked with a co-worker and he could not share to either of my accounts nor could I share to his.
  • erik123erik123 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    T111 Sim said:

The 500 MB limit now applies to a combined 50 MB per friend and upto 100 MB sharing. So, I am reading this correctly, if you already have 10 friends, you can't sharing any more data. This change in policy is not good at all. Not happy about this.

Thanks for the link to the new policy for the 500 MB limit. It mentions inactive accounts cannot share. I recently reactivated an inactive account but did not receive the 500 MB from my friends. Since the account was inactive at the start of my billing cycle, do I need to wait until the next billing cycle to receive the 500 MB from my friends? Or is this a glitch?
  • erik123erik123 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    T111 Sim said:

Thanks for the link to the new policy for the 500 MB limit. It mentions inactive accounts cannot share. I recently reactivated an inactive account but did not receive the 500 MB from my friends. Since the account was inactive at the start of my billing cycle, do I need to wait until the next billing cycle to receive the 500 MB from my friends? Or is this a glitch?
  • brozzachbrozzach Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Bummer. No more sharing data since all my accounts already have 10+ friends. :(
  • moipopmoipop Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, nobody from the moderators seems to take a part of the conversation yet which means that they are probably guilty ;)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Apologies for the delay, we can confirm that there was a bug last week that was affecting data sharing, however a fix has been released and you should not be experiencing any issues moving forward. Please keep in mind our new policy regarding Freedom Friends. https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2186/kw/friends
  • billtsengbilltseng Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    My wife's account hasn't shared any data this month. She tried to share with me 100mb. She got black screen. I tried to share her my data. I got the same problem. So FP didn't resolve the sharing data issue.
  • udogehrkeudogehrke Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    edited January 2018 #24
    erik123 said:

Hey there! I also just reactivated an inactive account and did not revive the friend bonus... I am just wondering, did you get the bonus in the next billing cycle?

Thanks!
    Post edited by udogehrke on
  • udogehrkeudogehrke Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    @erik123 I tried to do the exact same thing today and also haven’t received the friend bonus. May I ask if you got it again in the next billing cycle?
    Thanks!