Unable to connect to internet. 4G light flashing red

Girish PatelGirish Patel Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi - I just recently signed up and have received the photon. However, I'm unable to connect to the internet. I do not receive the freedompop homepage when I connect a device(laptop) to the photon. The 4G light is flashing red although I am in an area which shows 4G coverage (Fullerton, CA). I have tried another area (Brea, CA) as well but the same result. Any ideas on what I can do?

Comments

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Try near, very near Fullerton College, on west or east Chapman Ave that run along side of the college (Fullerton,CA) and the other place. Try Imperial Hwy west of Hwy 57 (Brea, CA). These area show WiMax. Test these areas out and respond back on your findings.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

Try near, very near Fullerton College, on west or east Chapman Ave that run along side of the college (Fullerton,CA) and the other place. Try Imperial Hwy west of Hwy 57 (Brea, CA). These area show WiMax. Test these areas out and respond back on your findings.

Forgot to give you the link;
    http://www.sensorly.com/map/WIMAX/US/USA/Sprint-Wimax/wimax_310sprint#q=Brea,+CA|coverage
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Girish PatelGirish Patel Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried different locations in Brea and Fullerton per the sensorly map, but no luck. Photon is still flashing red. Any other suggestions?
  • Girish PatelGirish Patel Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Brian. I tried a couple of different locations based on the map you linked. However, no luck. Same red flashing light issue.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to stop at sprint store and ask where a five bar ( very strong ) WiMAX is. Then go to that spot and test. Might be enough 'evidence' to show you have a defective Photon. Just add that info here with @ and name of admin (Taylor, Darla_A, Mike ).
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
This discussion has been closed.