**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No incoming calls

Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in Using Your Devices #1
I have a Moto E that I purchased through freedompop, I don't use it much just play around on it. I recently changed the number for $5 and now I can call out and txt both ways, but when I call it from my Verizon phone I get a message that the number "has been changed, disconnected or no longer in service".

I have tried the "##72786#" to reset everything, I also haved stopped the messaging app and cleared the data and cache.

How do I fix this? Does Freedompop need to reset something on their system to let the other phone providers know the number is usable again?
Post edited by Jeff Johnson on

Comments

• Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I understand Networks and I am thinking it is like DNS not getting propagated through the routers. Does FreedomPop have to send a signal to the other carriers to let them know that my number is active again?
    (507) 432-1234
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    If you haven't already done so, try Sync Account data from the FP Messager app's settings menu, before calling your number again. Repeat a couple of times, if it initially appears to make no difference.

When you call out, does the new or the old number show up at the called phone?
    Yep, tried the Sync Account a few times too. When I call out it shows the new number (507) 432-1234
    I have even tried 1-507-432-1234 and 507-432-1234 and just 432-1234

I still believe that FreedomPop will do a "refresh" and it will just start working. I wish they would give us a webpage to go to so we could do it ourselves, or at least an easy chat and they can do it for us.
    edited September 2017 #5
    So nothing got fixed overnight. I have chatted with Verizon to see if they can do something from their end. Fingers crossed, but not likely. :-(
    *******I have tried to post multiple comments, but they are not getting approved*****
    There is something wrong on Freedompop's end and they need to fix it.
    I have contacted Verizon and they did what they could.
    Because I am on a Basic (free) account I can't get to any kind of Support but here.
    I wish someone at Freedompop would step up and fix this.
    Post edited by Jeff Johnson on
    If calling the number continues to fail, it might be worth submitting a ticket at support.freedompop.com
    I can't submit a ticket, I am on a Basic (free) account and there is no support. (it won't let me login)
    I've recently submitted tickets on basic free accounts & received responses (takes about 3 working days now) - however, there is an issue where some accounts can't login to support.freedompop.com. Send a PM to one of the forum admins ( @Karina @AlejandraG - click on the name & select Message from their profile page) explaining your issue with the number & add that you can't login to the support site.