**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What is better? Netgear fuse or Franklin r850?

Jerico CabayaJerico Cabaya Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I ordered the Netgear Fuse but ended up getting shipped with a Franklin r850 since they were out of stock with that. I am thinking about returning the Franklin r850 to get the Netgear fuse, but customer service said that the r850 has a faster internet and better battery.

What are your thoughts about these two devices? I was initially was getting the netgear fuse for the add-on antenna capability and the bigger display. Since this is my first hotspot, I am concerned about the reception these guys will get, features, and the internet speed.

Comments

• Desiree OnyenehoDesiree Onyeneho Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I would try the Franklin first becouse its free with one time activation. If you dont like it you can switch.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,029FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try it for first 10 days or so. Go to all your regular haunts and check the signal levels on the R850. If you feel you need external antennas, THEN return for refund. After that seek the Fuse if available. BTW the 803S has external antenna jacks also.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 717FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    The R850 is a piece of junk to me (It was not on FreedomPop but another provider). My speeds are much slower on that device than they where on my FreedomPop devices. It will not connect via USB. The battery life is the only good thing to say about it. It is in a drawer right now. :p