No Internet Franklin R850

JCJankoJCJanko Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I just received my hotspot, and it refuses to let me access the internet. I am getting a solid 2 bars, can connect with any device, but there is no internet. I am able to enter into the settings, and have already:
-upgraded the firmware (which downloaded fine)
-tried tinkering with some basic settings
-tried renewing and resetting the device
My Fire HD gives an exclamation point on the wireless connection and says, "No Internet Access Detected, won't automatically reconnect."
I tried searching for an answer, but only came up with answers where the web browser was redirected to another website. Thanks for any help!

Answers

• johnwoo87johnwoo87 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hey. I received my franklin r580 hotspot Saturday. I had to call customer service so they can actually activate your device. It only took 5 minutes to start working
  • SENG KHOON TNGSENG KHOON TNG Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Same for me as #2. I received my R850 hotspot and it is unable to connect to Sprint and I got "no internet" error using the Hotspot WiFi on my phone. I create a ticket for customer service, they responded in 2 hours, asked for my IMEI and ICCID numbers and then, activate my device. Immediately after, I am able to use the hotspot.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin

Same for me as #2. I received my R850 hotspot and it is unable to connect to Sprint and I got "no internet" error using the Hotspot WiFi on my phone. I create a ticket for customer service, they responded in 2 hours, asked for my IMEI and ICCID numbers and then, activate my device. Immediately after, I am able to use the hotspot.

Thank you for visiting our Community Forum, I have sent you a private message regarding your current concern. Please check you inbox for my message :)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    If anyone else is having an issue with your recent R850 hotspot purchase upon arrival please let us know here and we'll be glad to take a look into your account, thanks!
  • NickKNickK Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Jorge, I just got an R850 a few days ago, and I am having the same problem.
    I can connect to it with my laptop but no internet.
    Chrome says: Connection failure, too many redirects. Please activate,
    IMEI: 089877734801126713
    ICCID: 89011201002309330755
    Thanks.
  • reggie69reggie69 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I, too, am having same issue. When I called support they wouldn't even help me. All they would tell me was to reset my device.
  • luvwlkluvwlk Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Just got my R850 in the mail, and there is no service even though there is a cell tower just up the road. My phone works, and the cellular router I used to use worked just fine, but this has no service. The Franklin wireless site detects it but is not connecting me.
  • JCJankoJCJanko Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge said:

If anyone else is having an issue with your recent R850 hotspot purchase upon arrival please let us know here and we'll be glad to take a look into your account, thanks!

Hi Jorge. What I did after I posted this was register the device online. Now it is showing TWO devices: one says it is in the packaging stage, and the other shows all of my account information. I am concerned because I received an email about my trial offer expiring, and I want to make sure that I do not get charged. There is no way to downgrade, as it shows the device in the packaging stage.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JCJanko You can downgrade as soon as the truck picks up the package from the Warehouse. That is the first day of the 30 in the trial. Click the below link while logged into the the device that is still in shipping.
    http://www.freedompop.com/acct_plan.htm
    http://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm
    They take you to the Plan and Services that are setup for trialing. Open each up to see details and "to downgrade click here" in tiny print.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Teresa WeirTeresa Weir Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem. Constantly searching, saying no broadband. MEID:35673306099765, ICCOD: 89011200000520537415.
  • Jontel SheaJontel Shea Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, I would like to know how to make my r850 become faster. I have a trial version of the Franklin r850 so far, it connects to the internet but it never says anything about being 3G or 4G. It only says LTE with 1 bar of service. I know that I live in an area that should have decent enough service to at least get two bars as my FreedomPop phone is capable of getting 3G and 4G consistently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • AmazharAmazhar Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge said:

Please I need your kind help my Franklin Wireless R850 just arrived today & it shows not activated / No service.
    IMEI: 089877734801184817
    ICCID: 89011201002272065875
    MEID(DEC) : 089877734801184817
    MEID(HEX): 35924104121431
  • pluckyplucky Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    edited November 2017 #14
    Hello. I ordered direct from freedompop.com but cannot get my r850 working. I can find it on my mac airport, enter the password freedompop, but no internet. Hotspot screen says no service. I paid $20 through paypal for a month of service, my account says its 'active' and I only have 15 days left. I tried to activate, but error message tells me my device is already activated. Trying to find information on set up online, only find instructions on how to use it after it is set up. Is set up different than activation? Tried reboot, no go. Tried calling customer service, can't get a person. What else can I try?
    Thanks!
    Post edited by plucky on
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge did you see all the folks posting registration issues with their R850 since you posted 35 days ago ? Most recent one posted in November.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • JENNIFER HARTLEYJENNIFER HARTLEY Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge said:

I have tried everything that it says to do and I still have a crossed out circle and it says no signal but there are 5 bars. Can you please help me? The number I called doesn't let me talk to anyone.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,260 admin

Jorge said:

I have tried everything that it says to do and I still have a crossed out circle and it says no signal but there are 5 bars. Can you please help me? The number I called doesn't let me talk to anyone.
    Hello Jennifer. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.