**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 4082 works with some iphone apps but not others like email

Harlan LauHarlan Lau Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
My MiFi 4082 can connect to both 3G and 4G. I am using with iphone4s.

Apple maps and Safari work okay so I have internet connection. Apple email app complains "the mail server "pop3.live.com" is not responding. Apple maps is working, Google maps is not. Safari is not.

I also have a Freedompop Photon 4G access point which works fine with my iphone. Email, maps, Safari. So it's not a password issue.

I've read posts related to email problems in the forums. I updated PRL and Profile as recommended in several posts. 4082 has been rebooted.

Hmm. I connected my laptop to 4082 and outlook cannot reach live.com server either. So problem seems to be with 4082, not my iphone.

Is there some setting in mifi.mlp or on my iphone that I can tweak???

This is my third 4082 (first 2 shut off by themselves after a few minutes) and it seems to be working except for important apps not working on my iphone.

Would appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Harlan Lau‌ , I think the MIfi has a weaker connection then your Photon. Some of the apps need more bandwidth to connect to the other. As far as the MiFi shut down, there is a setting in your utilities in your Mifi that has it shut down when it is not in use. I think it in your router settings where that at.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do a hard reset of your MiFi.
  • Harlan LauHarlan Lau Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I did a hard reset of my MiFi 4082, putting paper clip in the reset hole. No effect.

The connection does seem to be weak at my house. 3G signal strength in mifi.mlp is -120db and 4G signal strength is -93db. The MiFi 4082 showed 2 bars so I thought the signal strength was okay but the mifi.mlp seems to indiciate otherwise.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You just may have weak signal in your area, db mean the difference between what is received and what is sent out.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Harlan Lau‌ - I looked into your account and see you are on a 4G only data plan. I would recommend upgrading to a 3G/4G plan and you should be able to connect then.