**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why did you charge me?

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 190 admin
If you've incurred a charge on your account, you may be confused as to what the charge is for. The following may help you understand the charges on your account:

You've Placed an Order

If you have placed an order for a device (phone, tablet, hotspot, USB stick), a SIM card, or an accessory (selfie stick, virtual reality headset, powerbank etc.), you will incur a charge. This involves going through our order process and entering your payment information on our checkout page. You will receive an email receipt with your device, detailing your total cost and any plans and services you have signed up for.

Sometimes, if you purchase one product, you may be offered another at a discount price. If you have purchased more than one product you may have two accounts under the same login information. Click your name in the top right corner to switch between your accounts. You'll receive an email receipt for each order you place.

Free Trial Renewal
When you sign up for service we often offer a free trial for one of our plans or some of our services. Upon the end of your trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service.

Please Note: Your service begins when your product ships.

This is so you have minimal setup steps, and you can begin using your device right out of the box. If you are not ready to use the device or SIM card, and you want to avoid charges, make sure to downgrade your service before your billing cycle renews.

You will be able to see this on your order receipt (the free trial and the amount of the charge after the trial ends. This amount will typically be crossed out to indicate the trial length date).

Monthly Plan and Service Charge
Your billing cycle renews every month on the same day. You are charged for your talk, text, and/or data plan along with services you have signed up for (Premium Voice, Roll Over, Visual Voicemail etc.).

Please Note: Your service begins when your product ships.

This is so you have minimal setup steps, and you can begin using your device right out of the box. If you are not ready to use the device or SIM card, and you want to avoid charges, make sure to downgrade your service before your billing cycle renews.

For more information please click here

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• DejayDejay FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 28
    Im very pleased you all cleared this issue up. This has caused some of my family and friends to leave FreedomPop because of the business practice with not giving customers a warning sign nor alerts about what users are signing up for or purchasing. But I also think people should be careful of what they are signing up for as well. We all have a role to play. I say let us make it understood and clear.
  • Ivan Gusi LLorcaIvan Gusi LLorca FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 20
    Good because the mega counter of freedompop updates your database with a lot of delay I pass in the mb of my rate, contact freedompop to comment that I am not satisfied in the payment that was requested and I was told that I could win megas through friends and that I would be deducted from the debt.

I would like some agent to update mega database to see if the debt is reached or even megas are missing

Thank you
  • HaseebULRehmanHaseebULRehman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    In line app problem please help me it is so important for me I shall be very thank full if you help me my number didn't register in line app I'm so worried help me
  • Roberta LinnRoberta Linn FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    How go we update?
  • Amy TaborAmy Tabor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Did 1 if suggestions to hit force stop on messaging apt, cleared data now it wants phone number to register FreedomPop phone. I entered my number and it keeps telling me my password is wrong. When it's not help
  • Roumella PottingerRoumella Pottinger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Yes I would like to canceled my account how long will it take to refund my money back
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,371 admin
    Dejay said:

Has anyone been having issues of opting out for the 100% Free service? Are people still being charged $5?

Please take a look at the following support article for further information regarding account downgrading: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3328/kw/downgrade
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,371 admin
    Anyone who would like to further discuss your individual account or billing concern please create a new post under the correct category https://forums.freedompop.com/us/categories/account-help-
This discussion has been closed.