How to find out my phone number?

carl oppedahlcarl oppedahl Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Today I received a SIM card directly from FreedomPop. I guess it's a data-only SIM card. I plugged it into my wifi hot spot. The hot spot works in the sense that I can visit web sites etc. Anyway it seems to me that I am going to need to know the telephone number so that I can manage the account. But the hot spot is unable to find out the telephone number. So I popped the SIM card into a phone. I figured I could place a call and look at the caller ID, and this would tell me the phone number. No good. I figured I could send a text message and look to see where it came from, and this would tell me the phone number. No good. There is no telephone number anywhere in the materials that came with the SIM card. How may I find out my phone number?

Answers

• GSM3 FreedomGSM3 Freedom Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, accounts are managed via the e-mail address you used when you purchased the SIM. Hot spots do not have phone numbers, as you've discovered. If you used an existing account, i.e. the same e-mail that you used for other devices at FP, then you can Swith Views by clicking on the arrow next to your login name. It will open a pop-up box that lists your devices and you can click "Switch View" for the device you want to manage. Hope that helps.
  • carl oppedahlcarl oppedahl Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    This is a disappointing situation. This fact that there is no telephone number in the case of the data-only-sim product needs to be disclosed on the Freedompop web site.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 300FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Why would you expect a hot spot to have a phone number?

As GSM3 pointed out, you log in to the account with your email address. You don't need a phone number to manage the account.