$49 Annual Plan still avail. for new activations?

mdepacemdepace Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I am looking at devices on Newegg for my parents. Is the $49 annual plan still available for new device activations? 1000 min, 1000 text, 1GB. Thanks.

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,355FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mdepace I heard the $49 special was for a brief run of sales in Aug. Discussion is active that something maybe announced later this year (month?) along similar lines. I've been told that if you downgrade out of it, you cannot get it back. The 'regular' price for annual will only be offerings then. I do not know what that 'regular' price is yet. I've asked and waiting.
    I think this is only with a FreedomPop SIM. Not with CDMA phones.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • slhwilliamsslhwilliams Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Does this $49 annual plan include 1000 minutes and 1000 texts per month, along with the 1 gb data per month?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,355FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is my understanding. $49.99 w/ 1 Gb /mo, 1,000 min, & 1,000 texts for 1 year.
    Black Friday is coming. FreedomPop says they are doing BF early this year. Look for possible specials. Here's how to test. Use the same 'unused' email address over and over testing. When you get to the charge page, read normal print in lower right corner. I describes the billing amount and how often. For this annual you want to see $49.99 along with description of 1 GB with 1,000 calls & 1,000 texts. If you see anything else, that is a different offer.
    If you exit before filling out the credit card into, no obligation. Keep shopping and searching.
    There are 2 penny specials right now. One is $98.88/ 6 months 2 Gb unlimited talk & text. Other not verified, yet.
  • Felicia_WesterlundFelicia_Westerlund Posts: 147FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @mdepace Here is the link for the plan you are looking for. Please mark answered if this is what you wanted.
    https://www.freedompop.com/offer/sim-lte-12x1000
    ~Felicia_Westerlund @FeliciaTechie
  • Chris ColemanChris Coleman Posts: 55FreedomPop Newbie
    edited November 2017 #6
    @Felicia Westerlund @Rich Sias (16th)
    1. Does this $49 plan have "real voice" also called "premium voice" (real gsm or VoLTE voice calling and texting/mms) or does it just have VOIP calling/texting with the Freedompop app?
    2. I'm wondering... is this plan just an "enhanced" version of the "Basic 200" Free plan? 1000 min, 1000 text, 1000 MB, for $4.14/month, vs. 200 min, 200 text, 200 MB for $0.00/month, and no other difference?
    3. Does this Annual plan have "real MMS" picture/group messaging using the phone's native messaging app, or does it use "VOIP style MMS" picture/group messaging in the FP app?
    4. Does this Annual plan have any type of voicemail, or visual voicemail?
    Post edited by Chris Coleman on
    @Chris Coleman
    1. It can with a service add on. It is called Premium Voice. (+$3.99)
    2. all plans are the same VoIP. - Yes pretty much the same except more of each resource.
    3. Same MMS as all the other plans have.
    4. Yes, voice mail is an add on service (+$2.49)

I'm not sure but most discounted plan bundles also include a few of the services in the bundled price. I just went thru the signup to credit card page and there appears to be NO added services included in the $49.99 of charges. The above prices are the monthly pricing. Adding either of these services would be 12x some number smaller than mentioned above.