can anyone help me to get my phone to make and receive calls.

bigdave07bigdave07 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have been trying to use my phone, but it will not receive calls. I can only make calls if I am connected to my home wi-fi. I am frustrated with customer support, because all they keep saying is to use messaging to make calls. That only works when I am at my house. I am thinking about cancelling service.

Best Answer

Answers

• bigdave07bigdave07 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Darla_A please help can't receive calls
  • DSiegfriedDSiegfried Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    bigdave07, I had the exact same problem. What worked for me was to manually "Update Profile" and "Update PRL". You'll find these in the main Settings section of your phone under System Update. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @bigdave07‌ - please try an MSL reset (this is a RESET so please back up important info); please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 126048

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • bigdave07bigdave07 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    after doing this twice, I still can't get calls