**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 500 Self Activation failed after Factory reset

supermarcosupermarco Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
Hello: I did a factory reset on my MiFi 500 and after the reboot, the device fails the self-activation with 0x6303. The main screen says "Not Activated" . I tried reactivating it online but the web site says "device already deactivated". Help?

Comments

• supermarcosupermarco Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    I was able to transfer the data from my MiFi 500 to another device. I don't think anyone is watching these forums anymore.
  • BurnsBurns Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same model and same scenario. Sprint service says the mifi is toast (script error when refreshing from there end) . 18 month old modem and cannot be refreshed from there end. WTF. At any rate, what data did you transfer and how?
  • Arthur BrysonArthur Bryson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2017 #4
    @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

Same issue as OP's. Mifi was rebooting constantly, did what yellow box pin suggested, factory reset, now fails to activate with same error code. MiFi was working in same location earlier.

Haven't seen an answer addressing this beyond narrowing down the Sprint channels re rebooting issue.

Have a hunch a setting is needed in the advanced mobile settings, perhaps APN code?

Which means I'd need a MSL code to update. The yellow note pinned at top needs a disclaimer or link re this issue in Novatel Mifi 500 (5580).
    Post edited by Arthur Bryson on
  • Arthur BrysonArthur Bryson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
  • supermarcosupermarco Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    Burns:
    Burns said:

Same model and same scenario. Sprint service says the mifi is toast (script error when refreshing from there end) . 18 month old modem and cannot be refreshed from there end. WTF. At any rate, what data did you transfer and how?

CS transferred my remaining GB and $ balance from the MiFi to the data SIM GSM card (Basically what FP called the LTE 3-1 data sim card that runs on AT&T). Huge improvement btw as sprint sucks in my area.