**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Will cancelling account release my phone/IMEI

freedompop4 Barvefreedompop4 Barve Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
edited October 2017 in Account Help #1
I did not know that FreedomPop locks down the IMEI of your phone, especially if it's a CDMA phone. This seems dubious and wrong - why do they need to do this? Other providers don't.

I should mention that this is for my own device that I already owned; not for a device that I purchased through FreedomPop.

I tried to take my device to another provider and they said they could not activate it as FreedomPop has "locked" my IMEI. I have put in a request to FreedomPop Support to release my phone but am tired of waiting for them to respond.

Will cancelling my account automatically release my device?
Post edited by freedompop4 Barve on
Tagged:

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's locked to sprint/us, that's the way they do it. Fp claims that you're not locked to a 'contract' but they also say 'free'.
    Try to 'deactivate' ph. only, not your acct. Call fp and make sure you do 'device' option, they will ask for device ph#.
    If you want old ph# ported, I can't help, and deacti. at your own risk.
  • Karen WilliamsKaren Williams Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    How can i cancel my account,,?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Karen Williams Login online and open Account settings. Last item at bottom is cancel or deactivate. It works for many but a few experience an oddity. It asks for a password and when given the correct one it says wrong password and quits.
    You can try for attention of an admin here during week days. Or use the support section:
    https://support.freedompop.com
    Choose the cancel device / account option and proceed with that.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • orinlorinl Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my device released from freedompop. I have already set up service with another carrier and have a new sim card. Please help asap. IMEI 013324000942028 Aircard 770S
  • Luminita SircaLuminita Sirca Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Please release my phone from Freedompop.(845) 428-9539
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CocoConLecheCocoConLeche Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Please release my phone and phone number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • freedompop_user66freedompop_user66 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi @CarlosG can you please release my device? The phone number is (979) 330-5530. IMEI is
    35 696706 9034973 and ICCID is 8944200012792042693
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,926 admin

Hi @CarlosG can you please release my device? The phone number is (979) 330-5530. IMEI is
    35 696706 9034973 and ICCID is 8944200012792042693

Hi,

I can't seem to find a device with the IMEI mentioned above but I did find a SIM card associated with the ICCID you provided and the device in it shows as an LTE SIM card. What is the email address assocaited with the account where this device is located?