Search the Community
Getting Network Not Available with new LTE sim
I have a new LTE sim. Getting a "Network Not Available!" error when I start the Messaging app. Other apps that use the Internet are also not working unless I'm on wifi.
Rich Sias (16th)
FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert
These are my notes to help setup GSM SIMs. Possibly that can help you.
You did not mention what phone the SIM is inserted into. Can I assume it is GSM capable? GSM phones generally connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile networks. It cannot be a CDMA or Sprint based phone. Most FreedomPop branded phones are locked to Sprint and will not work..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GSM SIM setup consists of these steps:
You must have an unlocked GSM device using Android 4+ or iOS 8.2+ Operating System. Must accept Std, Micro, or Nano SIM size. Older Android versions can be used (2.3+) but will require a special download for the FreedomPop App. ( notes for iPhones at bottom ) [I have expanded notes for steps 3-5 if desired]
1. Put in the GSM SIM,
2. Make sure you are on GSM network mode / type
3. Set up the APN:
If you don't know where the APN settings are, please check here for that information:
All iPhones can set their APN at:
• Global SIM: (whatever name you want, like FreedomPop and APN - freedompop.foggmobile.com, no other settings required).
• Domestic 4G LTE SIM: (any name USonly, FreedomPop, etc. and APN - fp.com.attz, no other settings required)
The "Menu" key is 3 horiz lines and next to home key below screen. To start edit, click the big [+], or Menu key then "edit". When done in APN edit Touch the menu Key for list, choose save.
4. (Android). Check the FreedomPop APN is selected
4. (iPhone) Select Enable 4G, and select Data Only
5. Turn on data roaming and mobile data
6. (Android). Search for carriers and select your FreedomPop carrier (ignore Sprint and Verizon). You should see two others. They are AT&T and T-mobile. On Android devices, you can use the SignalCheck Lite to know which is which.
Next, please download and install the FreedomPop App:
Turn OFF WiFi and turn ON mobile data. Internet should be working at this point. Can prove it by Googling in browser. Get any search results, you have internet via mobile data !
Reboot your phone if still unable to connect to data. Retest above.
Working ?... Now turn OFF mobile data and ON for WiFi to save valuable mobile data for another day.
7. Launch the App and use your FreedomPop email and password to login. The first time, you may be asked to pick a phone number. Once that is done, make a test call. Now you are done. The App should integrate with the native dialer (on Android only) after you make a few calls and restart the phone, so that you will be able to use the phone's Contact App and native dialer to make calls. You always have to use the FreedomPop App for texting. For iPhone, you always need to use the FreedomPop App for calls and texts.
I hope this gets things set up for you. If not, let me know what is going on in as much detail as possible and I will see what can be done. Please let me know the make, model, and Operating System of the phone you're using. Thanks.
• The SIM is in and the APN is set. Roaming is enabled. No service.
Ans:. . . For Android 4.4--------------
• Settings-> more networks->Mobile networks -> mobile data - enabled
• Settings-> more networks->Mobile networks -> Network Mode - GSM
• Settings-> more networks->Mobile networks -> Access point names - (whatever name you set) - selected
• Settings-> more networks->Mobile networks -> System select - try both until you see the carriers listed.
You must be in an area with good GSM signal from AT&T or T-Mobile
Please advise what Android version if these do not help. I only use 4.4.
Global SIM:Please make sure your phone is with the following settings:
• Data is turned on
• Roaming is turned on
• APN is exactly as below...
Name: FREEDOMPOP [This is optional, you can really put anything here]
APN Type: default
IP Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
MVNO type: none
leave everything else blank
When set up correctly, you might see an "R" next to the data signal in the notification bar. This means it's "roaming" which is necessary for the service.
+++++++++ Notes for iPhones +++++++++++++++
The below settings for Apple iPhones
Enable data roaming -
Go to phone Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Turn Data Roaming On
Change APN -
After turning On, you will see a option Cellular Data Network. Select it and change the Cellular Data APN settings into fp.com.attz
Some of the not so new iPhones 4 & 4s do not allow changing APN from settings. There was no options in settings to modify APN It wont display APN either. To add an APN go here and they can do it for you. Choose Freedompop(fp.com.attz).
Go to the site through Safari, click on the 'Create APN' button, and install the side-loaded file. There are two FreedomPop options to pick. Choose the one that has '(fp.com.attz)' on the end. The unlockit site will do the correct APN for you, then you may continue with instructions.
Better, yet, FreedomPop does APNs for all iPhones:
= = = = = = = = = =
On iPhones 5 and up, follow these steps:
• Open Settings
• > Cellular (Make Sure Data Roaming is also on)
• > Cellular Data Options
• > Cellular Data Network
then enter this information:
type fp.com.attz for the APN setting
For a visual guide, please visit this link:
(iPhone instructions are towards the bottom).
Hope this helps !
Be my Valentine
ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs