Incoming calls cannot be rejected, ring continually

FantomasFantomas Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I diabled voicemail on my account. Now, when there is an incoming call, I cannot reject it. The phone keeps ringing. The drag-to-the-left (choosing the red hangup icon) method of rejecting an incoming call causes a hesitation in the ringing. Then the ringing restarts after about a second. The phone cannot be silenced by putting the screen to sleep. I also could not figure out how to kill the FreedomPop Messaging App while the phone is ringing; access to the running-apps screen where you can usually kill apps is hindered by the phone-ringing screen.

Looks like others have posted about this over the years, with not much help resulting. After several years, why do we have software that makes our telephones into phone-ringing-bombs that can't be controlled?

Comments

• Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 323FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Fantomas said:

After several years, why do we have software that makes our telephones into phone-ringing-bombs that can't be controlled?

I guess, because you are paying $0 for the service. B)

Seems like the options are pay $2.50 for voice mail, enable voice mail but be unable to get messages, or answer the phone. I get very few calls and answering the phone whenever it rings is not really an issue for me, I have always done that anyway.

I do also have a google voice number and give only that one to businesses (banks, credit card companies, car repair facility, etc.) so that voice mail is available to them. Also I figure that limiting the distribution of my "real" number might mean fewer spam calls (have not gotten any so far, but have only had freedompop and google voice numbers for a couple months). Google voice has option to block numbers if I ever do get spam calls.

Only my personal contacts get my actual freedompop number, they also get the google voice number as a secondary option, but most of them would text rather than call anyway.