Does the Freedompop SIM work with S99A Smartwatch

mercrappermercrapper Posts: 7Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I am considering getting a S99A smartwatch from gzpax (it runs android 5.1) with a micro sim support.

Will the freedompop sim (international or LTE) work with it?

Thanks
Steve

Best Answers

Answers

• joshuayjoshuay Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    If you try it. Let me know if it works... Trying to find a smartwatch that will work with FP LTE and Hangouts phone calls/messages.
  • mercrappermercrapper Posts: 7Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I am planning on using it mostly for voice and maybe a little text. Will get premium voice, so I can use it without data (hopefully there will be a signal) while out, or via wifi when at home.

I had one of the international hot spots that was receiving a signal at home, so I assume the international sim would work (although I hear FP has discontinued that). Will FP continue to support the international SIM?

Or should I get the LTE SIM and hope that 3G works?

I am in Charlotte, NC

Thoughts?
    So I went ahead an picked up one of these little puppies.
    I was able to set the APN, but it still doesn't seem to want to connect to a mobile network.

The watch and service works great on wifi, but no mobile connection. Any ideas why it won't connect and what I can do about it?

Hi Limey,
    I did test this in an unlocked Droid Turbo 2 and it worked fine.
    In certain areas, when I scan for a network, I can see an att 2g connection, but it will not connect, but if there is no data on the 2g connection, I guess that won't help me anyway.

I guess I will try a t-mobile SIM and see if it works.

Thanks for all the information.