Can't get LTE SIM to work with my LG K7 (X210)

marzpurrmarzpurr Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
Are there any different APN settings to use with my LG K7, to get the LTE SIM to work? I've tried everything - SIM out, battery out, took a nap, battery back in, factory reset, WIFI turned off, SIM back in, APN settings entered (FreedomPop & fp.com.attz). Only available network is AT&T 2G. Click on that and get "Can't connect to this network at the moment. Try again later." I even got another LTE SIM thinking that maybe I had a bad one, but no difference. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Are there different settings I can try? Any other suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017 #5
    Ask limey, he knows these issues, but there are only 2.
    Did you get ph#'s for, what, 2 sims so far, or are these data only ?
    If you can change the apn, I guess the pad is unlocked, is it a gsm type for att/us or t-mo.?
  • marzpurrmarzpurr Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    trackball said:

Ask limey, he knows these issues, but there are only 2.
    Did you get ph#'s for, what, 2 sims so far, or are these data only ?
    If you can change the apn, I guess the pad is unlocked, is it a gsm type for att/us or t-mo.?

I had a phone number for the first SIM, then transferred it to the second one. No clue if AT&T, T-Mobile etc. It was a free phone, brand new, came with no SIM card and nothing on the box or in the literature stating any carrier.
  • marzpurrmarzpurr Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you 2 very much. I did the BYOD thing, and I got "We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID. To complete your activation, please call 800-671-5017." When looking for available networks on the LG I did the "Auto" search, and the only one that comes up is AT&T 2G. I try it and it says it can't connect at the moment and to try again later. I've been "trying again later" for days, so I guess I'm SOL. The LG works great with wifi, and I don't really "need" a smartphone (Tracfone suits me just fine for $5 a month), so I'm only out 99 cents for the LTE SIM. The LG was worth what I paid for it - zero :D Thanks again for your help!
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @marzpurr - you may still be able use the X210 in the USA, particularly with 2G 1900 data on other networks. It may also be usable with local SIMs if you travel to Europe.

The link below may give an indication of where it may work & with which networks:
    https://willmyphonework.net/
  • haycarloshaycarlos Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    is your phone can't won't on? get LTE SIM is an error maybe can fix. restart your phone firist, find the ways to fix your problem, try.

What do I do if my LG phone won’t turn on? via: here
    You can try performing a hard reset on the phone to try and see if it turns on. Here are the steps:

Press and hold the LG K7 Power button and Volume Down button till you see the LG logo on the screen of your LG K7
    Continue to hold the Volume Down button and on seeing the LG logo release the Power button just for a second and press it again
    Soon you will see the Factory Reset screen. You can now let go of the Power and Volume Down buttons
    You will get an option saying – Erase all data and restore default settings. Use the Volume Down button to highlight the Yes option and use the Power button to confirm the selection.